Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7

    Question Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    Hi guys. I have BT5 r3 and I had Ettercap 0.7.4 in it which is default.

    Problem is after host scanning in ettercap -G.It shuts down EVERYTIME.

    I searched internet for some more info and found 0.7.5 should help.

    So purge removed ettercap and tried to apt-get a newer version.

    It installed me 0.7.3 so I found a link
    HTML Code:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ettercap/files/ettercap/0.7.5-Assimilation/ettercap-0.7.5.tar.gz/download
    Untar the file and start install via README which is

    The easiest way to compile ettercap is in the form:
    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake ..
    (Use ccmake . to change options such as disabling IPv6 support, add
    plugins support, etc).
    make install



    I stuck at cmake..
    Code:
    root@bt:~/Downloads/ettercap-0.7.5/build# cmake ..
    -- The C compiler identification is GNU
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
    -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
    -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
    -- Check if the system is big endian
    -- Searching 16 bit integer
    -- Looking for sys/types.h
    -- Looking for sys/types.h - found
    -- Looking for stdint.h
    -- Looking for stdint.h - found
    -- Looking for stddef.h
    -- Looking for stddef.h - found
    -- Check size of unsigned short
    -- Check size of unsigned short - done
    -- Using unsigned short
    -- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
    -- Looking for sys/poll.h
    -- Looking for sys/poll.h - found
    -- Looking for sys/select.h
    -- Looking for sys/select.h - found
    -- Looking for sys/utsname.h
    -- Looking for sys/utsname.h - found
    -- Looking for getopt.h
    -- Looking for getopt.h - found
    -- Looking for ctype.h
    -- Looking for ctype.h - found
    -- Looking for arpa/nameser.h
    -- Looking for arpa/nameser.h - found
    -- Looking for ltdl.h
    -- Looking for ltdl.h - found
    -- Looking for dlfcn.h
    -- Looking for dlfcn.h - found
    -- Looking for wsyncup in /usr/lib/libcurses.so
    -- Looking for wsyncup in /usr/lib/libcurses.so - found
    -- Found Curses: /usr/lib/libcurses.so
    CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGTK2.cmake:370 (message):
      Could not find GTK2 include directory
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      CMakeFiles/lib_check.cmake:33 (find_package)
      CMakeLists.txt:28 (include)
    
    
    -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    If I try make or make install

    Code:
    root@bt:~/Downloads/ettercap-0.7.5/build# make install
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
    Thanks for any help and happy new year.
    PS:Sorry for my english

  2. #2
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    Or this is what ettercap show me after each host scanning same on 0.7.3/4
    Code:
    root@bt:~# ettercap -G
    
    ettercap NG-0.7.3 copyright 2001-2004 ALoR & NaGA
    
    Dissector "dns" not supported (etter.conf line 70)
    Ooops ! This shouldn't happen...
    Segmentation Fault...
    
    Please recompile in debug mode, reproduce the bug and send a bugreport

  3. #3
    Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Debian land
    Posts
    734

    Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    Try using CLI..Try to avoid as much as you can GUI interfaces in Linux..It should work with no hassels..

    ettercap -Tqi "iface" and add more if you try to sniff..-----> ettercap -Tqi "iface" --mitm arp:remote // /"gateway_ip"/ -P autoadd

    Try it.

  4. #4
    Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    milano
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    [QUOTE=Neutron;232310]Hi guys. I have BT5 r3 and I had Ettercap 0.7.4 in it which is default.


    -- Looking for dlfcn.h - found
    -- Looking for wsyncup in /usr/lib/libcurses.so
    -- Looking for wsyncup in /usr/lib/libcurses.so - found
    -- Found Curses: /usr/lib/libcurses.so
    CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindGTK2.cmake:370 (message):
    Could not find GTK2 include directory
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
    CMakeFiles/lib_check.cmake:33 (find_package)
    CMakeLists.txt:28 (include)


    -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    [/CODE]

  5. #5
    Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    milano
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    hi
    the installation is not successful!
    I tried it on BT5-r3-kde-live-mode to install without ERRORS version 0.7.5.1 (new)
    I follow these steps:
    apt-get install cmake
    apt-get install python-gtk2-dev libnet1-dev
    NEW to download ettercap-0.7.5.1.tar.gz
    tar-zxf ettercap-0.7.5.1.tar.gz
    cd ettercap-0.7.5.1
    cd install plug-
    kwrite CMakeLists.txt
    # # # add in-line sslstrip # target_link_libraries ($ {sslstrip FOUND_LIBCURL HAVE_PCRE} $ {})
    save & exit
    cd ..
    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake ..
    make install
    '' '/ in this mode i DONT retrive errors

    test

    root @ bt: ~ # ettercap

    0.7.5.1 ettercap Ettercap copyright 2001-2013 Development Team


    Please select an User Interface

    root @ bt: ~ # ettercap-G





    PS:I TESTED ONLY INSTALLATION!!
    bye
    Immagini allegate Immagini allegate

  6. #6
    Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    milano
    Posts
    407

    Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    re-hi
    you have understood little of what I wrote before:
    I made a little video for help you to "test" a installation:

    https://vimeo.com/56711322

    PS: I tried and it works fine! BUT I DO NOT recommend the installation (NOT being a "" backtrack-official-version "")

    I hope you can help!
    bye

  7. #7
    Just burned their ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmaro View Post
    re-hi
    you have understood little of what I wrote before:
    I made a little video for help you to "test" a installation:

    https://vimeo.com/56711322

    PS: I tried and it works fine! BUT I DO NOT recommend the installation (NOT being a "" backtrack-official-version "")

    I hope you can help!
    bye
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmaro View Post
    hi
    the installation is not successful!
    I tried it on BT5-r3-kde-live-mode to install without ERRORS version 0.7.5.1 (new)
    I follow these steps:
    apt-get install cmake
    apt-get install python-gtk2-dev libnet1-dev
    NEW to download ettercap-0.7.5.1.tar.gz
    tar-zxf ettercap-0.7.5.1.tar.gz
    cd ettercap-0.7.5.1
    cd install plug-
    kwrite CMakeLists.txt
    # # # add in-line sslstrip # target_link_libraries ($ {sslstrip FOUND_LIBCURL HAVE_PCRE} $ {})
    save & exit
    cd ..
    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake ..
    make install
    '' '/ in this mode i DONT retrive errors

    test

    root @ bt: ~ # ettercap

    0.7.5.1 ettercap Ettercap copyright 2001-2013 Development Team


    Please select an User Interface

    root @ bt: ~ # ettercap-G





    PS:I TESTED ONLY INSTALLATION!!
    bye
    hii i have problem to give this apt-get install python-gtk2-dev libnet-dev give me back
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Note, selecting libnet1-dev instead of libnet-dev
    libnet1-dev is already the newest version.
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    python-gtk2-dev: Depends: libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.13.6) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

    what to do?? thxx

  8. #8
    Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    milano
    Posts
    407

    Thumbs up Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    Quote Originally Posted by captainrodos View Post
    hii i have problem to give this apt-get install python-gtk2-dev libnet-dev give me back
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Note, selecting libnet1-dev instead of libnet-dev
    libnet1-dev is already the newest version.
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    python-gtk2-dev: Depends: libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.13.6) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken package


    what to do?? thxx
    hi
    mmm .......... missing "" "" "" 1 "" "" "" "" "ONE" "" "" " """"""EIN""""""http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.png
    libnet1-dev

    http://imageshack.us/f/28/ettv.png/

  9. #9
    Just burned their ISO Colatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Verona
    Posts
    2

    Red face Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    I have the same problem, but I put:
    apt-get install python-gtk2-dev libnet1-dev
    HI

  10. #10
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Ettercap 0.7.5 Install help?

    Thank you so much zimmaro worked for me! and after hosts scanning no ERROR!

    Just few things

    By
    cd install plug-

    U mean
    cd plug-ins

    And also that sslstrip give me error even after your line update so I removed that few lines completely (But I am sure I did something wrong :P)

    Anyways thanks a lot again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ettercap dir on BackTrack 5 R2 (/usr/share/ettercap/) does not exist!
    By kazol in forum BackTrack 5 General Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 04:24 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:55 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
  5. HOWTO: Install Compiz-fusion and Emerald on hardrdrive install
    By toohxc in forum OLD BackTrack3 Howtos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •