Thread: Crashes

ssh_crow@hotmail.com

Default Crashes

Whenever i try to decompress a tar.gz i get Ark crash on me or even upon trying to open Ark from the file menu...i assume this is what i need to decompress, is it possible to decompress from the konsole? Also changing the root password also crashes when going through the menu and sets the password blank, again is there a way to change it via the konsole or do i need to edit a particular file?
    Any feedback is appreciated.

ssh_crow@hotmail.com

Default passwd

Sorry for double posting but for others to refer to the command to change roots password = passwd although this doesn't explain the crashes

Quote Originally Posted by ssh_crow@hotmail.com View Post
    Whenever i try to decompress a tar.gz i get Ark crash on me or even upon trying to open Ark from the file menu...i assume this is what i need to decompress, is it possible to decompress from the konsole?
    Have a look at Wiki pages (->bugs -> software), they offer the solution to your Ark crash (which you searched the forum for sure before posting), and also howto unpack by other means.
    ExitOnly@

-----------------------------------------------------
    Learn to live, but live to learn, eh?

Developer

GUI stuff is never as reliable as using the bash console. I woke up on the right side of bed so I'm feeling pure nice.

passwd at console prompt to change password.

shamenvirtuel built a ark module to fix ark. really it just adds xarchiver which fixes the bug. you can search for this or do like me and go to the xarchiver progect site and compile the latest version from source.

that's it I'm tapped out on niceness already and its only 8 a.m.