Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: sniffdet

This one works....

dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    This one works....
    Yea, that looks better.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yea, that looks better.
    Thanks!... unfortunately I couldn't get a hold of any heatshrink today :|

Snort time....

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Thanks!... unfortunately I couldn't get a hold of any heatshrink today :|

Snort time....
    A well supplied hardware hacker always has a quantity of heatshrink on hand.

That picture looks strangely, familiar.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

This is actually the first time that I've done any hardware hacking since I was in the military! If anything came about from soldering that first tap, it was satisfying the itch I had for a while to hardware hack

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

That picture looks strangely, familiar.
    lol... well I do admit that I modeled it after the one you made... probably one of the best visual aids on the web

I didn't really appreciate the quality of your work 100% until I was actually underway with making mine!

Yea, Streaker makes good shit.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Well this has been an interesting little project for me; I've learned quite a bit in the last few days in building a new IDS with the tap.

One thing I noticed was when I played around and put it between the modem and firewall (just to see what kind of crap was actually representative of my non-stop blinking enet led on my cable modem) was how much arp traffic there is!!! It's insane.... non-stop from 4 different x.x.x.x/16 IP's related to me ISP.

I've actually pinned down an exploited service on my xp machine in the process as well, which had come from a pdf editing program I had to download from download . com (I normally NEVER put anything else on my xp machine aside from what's absolutely essential to my work).

When it's connected between my firewall and switch, I really haven't seen thus far anything out of the ordinary... but I'll play the waiting game to see what/who's ugly head pops up

Big thanks to streaker for the insight + visual aid !

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Big thanks to streaker for the insight + visual aid !
    Happy to help, wait until you see pictures of my next modification. Parts are currently on the way with a scheduled delivery date of next monday.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Happy to help, wait until you see pictures of my next modification. Parts are currently on the way with a scheduled delivery date of next monday.
    Ohhh, this should be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ohhh, this should be cool.
    Curiosity is gonna kill me

BTW Barry... I like the DoD Wipe Drive method: a lot faster + funner than evidence eliminator

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast