Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: BT3 Teasers & VIDEO Preview

Guys wondering if I'm missing something. On the teaser video the metasploit smb_relay exploit after launching the exploit, in the metasploit shell looks like something happens that gives the attacker a session, but I didn't see anymore interaction after launching the exploit? Am I missing something?

Default User Interaction

Quote Originally Posted by G-Stress View Post
    Guys wondering if I'm missing something. On the teaser video the metasploit smb_relay exploit after launching the exploit, in the metasploit shell looks like something happens that gives the attacker a session, but I didn't see anymore interaction after launching the exploit? Am I missing something?
    The teaser does leave out some of the requirements to make the exploits and cracks work, like user interaction and experiences time elapses

Obviously, they have done this to discourage script-kiddies, as they will acquire inflated self-esteem and false hope created by the teaser, only to have it destroyed when they realize that hacking (or in this case, cracking) is an art.

Default Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Fast|Track View Post
    Why shouldn't home user's benefit from using some-thing a hell of a lot more robust than windows?

Most kid's wouldn't even know how to even boot the CD!
    What age defines kid? I'm 16 and have been "playing" with the backtrack distros for about a year and a half. I know that you said "most", but I'm always curious: Do I know more than a lot of other "kids".

Sorry, I guess that after a while you begin to assume that everyone knows what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ipndrmath View Post
    What age defines kid? I'm 16 and have been "playing" with the backtrack distros for about a year and a half. I know that you said "most", but I'm always curious: Do I know more than a lot of other "kids".

Sorry, I guess that after a while you begin to assume that everyone knows what you know.
    No worries... the big red h4x0r i7 n0w button is coming soon to a theatre near you
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Default Elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    No worries... the big red h4x0r i7 n0w button is coming soon to a theatre near you
    I'm afraid that I fail to comprehend your statement. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the comment in relative conversations, but how does this apply to me. If you intended this as a joke with me, then I apologize for asking you to explain it; however if it was a joke at me, then please elaborate.

I'm sorry if I was unclear in my post, I was merely attempting to question the stereotype placed on young individuals. If your statement was directed towards me in a demeaning tone, as I am believing, then you have only furthered this stereotype into the population.

Again, I apologize if this was a joke as it is probably to late for me to create judicious thoughts.

Please Respond.

If you search the forums for big red h4x0r i7 n0w button, I am sure you will find the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    If you search the forums for big red h4x0r i7 n0w button, I am sure you will find the answer to that.
    I have searched, and I thought I understood the term. I just fail to make the connection to my post. But at any rate, it is essentially unimportant.

Awesome work people
    Ii've been trying to shift to Linux for my daily use. Stuff like this is an added attraction.

One thing more.
    I've read about your stand on multi-channel support in BT.
    Still, I'd like to ask..considerng almost every motherboard nowadays comes with 5.1 or better sound card installed..wont it be possible to include multi-channel support in BT3?
    Some people here have speakers worth 100 of $s lying unutilised on BT.
    (WHere'll I use multi-channel..well..games, if I manage to run them. Games are the only reason that I still have WinXP
    and
    Movie DVDs.They do have real multi-channel sound)
    [FONT="System"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B]I am not arrogant, just better than you.[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by snake eyes View Post
    Awesome work people
    Ii've been trying to shift to Linux for my daily use. Stuff like this is an added attraction.

One thing more.
    I've read about your stand on multi-channel support in BT.
    Still, I'd like to ask..considerng almost every motherboard nowadays comes with 5.1 or better sound card installed..wont it be possible to include multi-channel support in BT3?
    Some people here have speakers worth 100 of $s lying unutilised on BT.
    (WHere'll I use multi-channel..well..games, if I manage to run them. Games are the only reason that I still have WinXP
    and
    Movie DVDs.They do have real multi-channel sound)
    Your post would be better directed at the Feature Requests section, although I'm sure if you searched first you'd find this question has already been asked and answered.

Please consider the primary use of BT.
    And then consider the relative importance of big speakers and surround sound, let alone games and movies.

I'm sure you will eventually reach the conclusion that a network penetration testing livecd is not really the platform of choice for playing games and watching movies - in stereo or surround sound

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    I'm sure you will eventually reach the conclusion that a network penetration testing livecd is not really the platform of choice for playing games and watching movies - in stereo or surround sound
    Alas, such is the doomed and dreary fate of a Backtrack user - solitare
    ================================================== ===
    Dr. Walter - Depraved linguist, Benevolent troublemaker extraordinaire
    ================================================== ===

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast