Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARP issue with no clients

Just burned his ISO

Default ARP issue with no clients

First off hi guys!!!!

Right to business

Im trying to crack my WEP.

I have a WG300T netgear wifi card ath0

Been trying my nutts of to crack this puppy using the BT2 live cd.

heres a run down of what I do

airmon-ng stop ath0
    ifconfig wifi 0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    airmon-ng start wifi0
    airodump-ng ath0

I copy the relevant info at this stage as per tutorials

airodump-ng -c 1 -w test --bssid (AP) ath0
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e myname -a (AP) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

**Associates fine no problems**

aireplay-ng -3 -b (AP) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

I get no Data at all this stage

I have tried deauth 10, however this does not generate any arps.

Fragmentation does not seem to work either.

On a side note I cant seem to check if injection is working -9 does not seem to be a valid option with aireplay (aireplay-ng -9 ath0).

Any ideas people I feel im so close just need this blasted arps!

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by colthillary View Post
    First off hi guys!!!!

Right to business

Im trying to crack my WEP.

I have a WG300T netgear wifi card ath0

Been trying my nutts of to crack this puppy using the BT2 live cd.

heres a run down of what I do

airmon-ng stop ath0
    ifconfig wifi 0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wifi0
    airmon-ng start wifi0
    airodump-ng ath0

I copy the relevant info at this stage as per tutorials

airodump-ng -c 1 -w test --bssid (AP) ath0
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e myname -a (AP) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

**Associates fine no problems**

aireplay-ng -3 -b (AP) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

I get no Data at all this stage

I have tried deauth 10, however this does not generate any arps.

Fragmentation does not seem to work either.

On a side note I cant seem to check if injection is working -9 does not seem to be a valid option with aireplay (aireplay-ng -9 ath0).

Any ideas people I feel im so close just need this blasted arps!
    You need to upgrade your version of aircrack for the injection test to work. How long are you waiting when you are using the -3 attack and have you been successful with a client connected. Sometimes it can take a long time for a arp request to come. Ive waited almost a hour once

Just burned his ISO

An hour for a single arp request good god!!!!!

I thought i needed a fair few thousand to crack it?

Is there anyway of updating the live cd without linux?

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Don't you people get annoyed with telling newb's how to use aircrack lol I could be a number of things like distance, the AP, Impatience and lots more. It does sound like you are using an old copy of aircrack but shouldn't make no diffrence with what you are trying to do. I suggest you keep at it and do some more reading up.

Just burned his ISO

Well dr thanks for the constructive help there.

Yes im a newb however ive spent hours and hours reading tutorials and trying to get this sussed.

Ive not just ploughed into asking this question without trying everything that I can think of.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Well dr thanks for the constructive help there.

Yes im a newb however ive spent hours and hours reading tutorials and trying to get this sussed.

Ive not just ploughed into asking this question without trying everything that I can think of.

So you've already mastered all the other aspects of Backtrack and you're moving onto cracking WEP?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Sorry if you felt I was trying to be funny. Check out iorngeek videos you wil have to google it as can't post url's. And really read what you are reading. Update aircrack-ng and try again.

If you have two computers at home, setup the hack on one and then disconnect and reconect from the other computer. Try a few times and if the hack still doesn't work post back.

EDIT: Just read the title lol sorry dude didn't see that what command are you using the deauth? And is this your router or am I about to help another bad boy wireless internet pirate lol sorry for sounding abit trollage lol

Is there anyway of updating the live cd without linux?
    The live cd IS Linux.

EDIT: Just read the title lol sorry dude didn't see that what command are you using the deauth? And is this your router or am I about to help another bad boy wireless internet pirate lol sorry for sounding abit trollage lol
    Why bother asking? Are you going to trust the answer he gives?

Developer

I only said up to a hour to get the first one which is what the program replays. Forget all other tutorials and watch xploitz video 1. When you get to the -3 attack have a cup of joe , beat off and when you come back you should be in business. And DR.green Yes I get tired of it but we were all there at one time and some one helped me. I didnt realize you were a all knowing supa' BT user. I'm trying to make sure Im not one of those people who looks down on the person I once was. Of course most of these people just want to crack wep for whatever reason. They will lose interest in pen testing soon after they find out how much real work and research goes into one small vulnerability. I don't have any problem telling people how to break wep because if you are not using wpa by now then either you don't have any info worth stealing or your a completely naive moron. Im not saying I'm helping people break in to wep protected networks because I'm most certainly not. This is the sort of information that can be good or evil. The user is the one who must live with the result of his actions.

Just look at your signature. I'll tell every one in the world I smoke illicit illegal wacky tabacy. Very smart.

haaaha

Just look at your signature. I'll tell every one in the world I smoke illicit illegal wacky tabacy. Very smart.
    UK cannabis is a class C drug. I smoke a very small ammount so I doubt they will be banging my door down for a little toke. Also I belive that having the odd joint in your own home should be legalized. So I couln't give a toss who knows I smoke weed.

Hope I didn't come across wrong in this post, im not trying to be funny but smokin abit of herb dosn't affect anybody. If a poor uneducated computer user gets offered wireless internet in there intrnet package and it comes pre setup with WEP encryption. Then steeling there broadband is wrong. In the UK you can pay £14.99 a month for broadband and with stupid limits like 10gb. How would you feel if someone stole 8 gb and you were cut off for 2 or 3 weeks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast