Thread: Partition and file recovery?

Just burned his ISO

Default Partition and file recovery?

Hi all.

I'm still new to BT and I'm wondering is there some software within BT that recovers formated partitions and / or the files within that formated partition. I ask because I formated a removable hard drive of mines impulsively without backing up the data. If I can't use BT to do this, I'll do it in openSuse.

Help would be much appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingThyme View Post
    Hi all.

I'm still new to BT and I'm wondering is there some software within BT that recovers formated partitions and / or the files within that formated partition. I ask because I formated a removable hard drive of mines impulsively without backing up the data. If I can't use BT to do this, I'll do it in openSuse.

Help would be much appreciated!!!
    Check out the digital forensics section. I haven't used any of those tools, but there might be something that could help you.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Wow, pretty lengthy. Thank you!

i think foremost would help you with this.... i got files recovered from my usb stick that i even couldn't remember i had them on the stick
    The answer is 42.

Just burned his ISO

For the recovery of lost partition and data you can try Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software. It is a file and partition recovery utility which recovers lost data from formated hard drive, files lost due to software malfunction, viruses, file/directory deletion or even sabotage.
    It also provides data recovery from FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS & NTFS5 file system.
    Download the demo of this partition recovery utility from stellarinfo.com . Demo will show the preview of the recovered data.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

foremost
    e2retrieve
    unrm
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006