Thread: Problem configuring wireless

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem configuring wireless

Hey guys, I've been trying for days to configure my wireless connection. I've read all the tutorials on here on how to do it, and everything works up until one point: connecting.

I'm using a Netgear USB wireless device. In BT, it's registered under the wlan0 interface.

So first, I "iwconfig" to make sure it's up. It is. Next, I "iwconfig wlan0 ap <mac address>" to set it to my mac address. Everything's okay so far.

Next, I run "dhcpcd wlan0". It never really seemed to do anything...

Now that that's all set up, I really don't know what to do. I go to wirelessassistant, and it finds my wireless network (encrypted with WEP). I type in the WEP code, and it gives me the whole "connecting to network......connection refused" deal.

Any ideas?

P.S. My network's ESSID is LF. When I run "iwconfig wlan0 essid LF", it registers the command. If I run iwconfig again, it says my ESSID is "L". Weird?

What Netgear wireless device is it?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wvdmc View Post
    What Netgear wireless device is it?
    Netgear WG111v2

Thanks for replying.

Do a quick forum search for WG111. People have a lot of trouble with them. A lot.

I have one on my laptop. I eventually got it to inject (coming to the conclusion that it has to manually be set to the channel you want to inject on, which means anytime you run airodump or anything that channel hops you'll have to change the channel back) but never got it to associate to my AP correctly.

In the end, I just bought another damn dongle.

But do a search. I think I recall someone saying they got theirs to work, but not with WPA? I don't remember.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks, man. I'll go search now.

I never could get my Netgear wg111v2 to connect to the internet...so I trashed it and bought me my good old Atheros chipped Airlink AWLC4130 from Fry's for 20 bucks. Best thing card I ever bought. I really don't believe the WG111v2 is capable of connecting to the internet at all.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

EnculeurDePoules

Quote Originally Posted by tyraeon View Post
    Hey guys, I've been trying for days to configure my wireless connection. I've read all the tutorials on here on how to do it, and everything works up until one point: connecting.

I'm using a Netgear USB wireless device. In BT, it's registered under the wlan0 interface.

So first, I "iwconfig" to make sure it's up. It is. Next, I "iwconfig wlan0 ap <mac address>" to set it to my mac address. Everything's okay so far.

Next, I run "dhcpcd wlan0". It never really seemed to do anything...

Now that that's all set up, I really don't know what to do. I go to wirelessassistant, and it finds my wireless network (encrypted with WEP). I type in the WEP code, and it gives me the whole "connecting to network......connection refused" deal.

Any ideas?

P.S. My network's ESSID is LF. When I run "iwconfig wlan0 essid LF", it registers the command. If I run iwconfig again, it says my ESSID is "L". Weird?

ifconfig wlan0 down
    iwconfig wlan0 mode auto essid "essid name" enc "key wep in numbers not in sentance"
    //you might want to try
    //iwconfig wlan0 mode managed "essid name", example
    : iwconfig wlan0 mode managed myrouter
    //mode managed being to connect you can chose mode monitor, mode auto...
    ps: if you had a key like "cewedrtsd12345" you would have had to do something like key:S....
    ps2: if your essid name is "MY router" (notice the space) you have to write essid MY\ router...(to respect the space)
    then
    ifconfig wlan0 Ip adress
    //ex: ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.2

then ifconfig wlan0 up

then check now if it works:
    ping 192.168.1.1 (or your router ip)

ok
    then route add default gw "ip adress"
    //ex : route add default gw 192.128.1.1

and finally echo nameserver "ip address" > /etc/resolv.conf
    //ex: echo nameserver 192.168.1.1 > /etc/resolv.conf

Thats what does the automatic dhcp stuff for you!!!

if it does not works well haha you're doomed!