Thread: Immunity Debugger V1.73

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Default Immunity Debugger V1.73

Would like to request that Immunity Debugger be added as a replacement to or an addition along side of OllyDBG.

From the Immunity website:

Immunity Debugger is a powerful new way to write exploits, analyze malware, and reverse engineer binary files. It builds on a solid user interface with function graphing, the industry's first heap analysis tool built specifically for heap creation, and a large and well supported Python API for easy extensibility.

A debugger with functionality designed specifically for the security industry
    Cuts exploit development time by 50%
    Simple, understandable interfaces
    Robust and powerful scripting language for automating intelligent debugging
    Lightweight and fast debugging to prevent corruption during complex analysis
    Connectivity to fuzzers and exploit development tools

Oh yeah, OllyDBG is up to V2.00 and supposedly v2.02 is around the corner.

Developer

Default Re: Immunity Debugger V1.73

pretty sure it wont run in linux, I think I have tried and failed.

I tried the windows version under wine it works great. Copy over some of the dlls to windows/system32 and your good to go. Open a file to debug it gives warning about dlls not found they are the one to copy over. Also install msttcorefonts for view otherwise you will be very unhappy.
    Regards,
    Leo

afaik, Immunity Debugger's license would preclude being able to include it in any distribution. As you've seen, you're free to install it (and msttcorefonts and any missing dlls) and run it without problems.
    However, just like Nessus will probably never be included in BT4, I'm guessing the licensing from ImmDbg would preclude its inclusion. (unless people wanted to agree to the Immunity software license - but that would then be a condition of BT4 download/use/installation).
    Even assuming that you could get immunity to exempt the BT4 distro, or provide for some kind of dual license, you still have an issue of requiring MS Windows dlls, which you definitely WONT get licensing for.