Thread: Burning Backtrack 3 ISO to DVD bootable

Just burned his ISO

Default Burning Backtrack 3 ISO to DVD bootable

Hi guys, Im having a very hard time searching for having this issue solved and I badly need some help. So here is the scenario.

I wanted to have Backtrack 3 a DVD bootable. I already have a Backtrack 3 ISO and successfully burned it to a CD and it successfully booted on my Desktop with no hassle but I needed the Backtrack 3 to be bootable on my TOSHIBA Satellite L20 Laptop and that Old Laptop of mine could no longer read a CD and can only read DVD's.... sad to say but I already attempted different kinds of ISO burner such as DEEPBURNER, NERO, just to name a few but its not working..

I also tried copying the entire content of the BACKTRACK 3 CD and burn it on DVD but it will not boot up.

HELP PLEASE!

I love using Backtrack 3 Live CD capability to remove VIRUSES that infect my USB Flash drive and Im much secured surfing the net using Live CD.

Thanks in advance

brb

Johnaray

Good friend of the forums

I guess you're in Windows... try some ISO editing software, which could add the modules in the necessary folder (the ones that are not there in the CD version... ). Then save the ISO and burn it.

Think of the ISO as an archive, which contains less .lzm files than the DVD image.. just copy the lzm's from the DVD archive into the CD iso and save it.

why dont you try imgburn and do an md5check on the iso. theres nothing special about burning bt3 to dvd rather than cd. the only difference is that you are burning to dvd rather than a cd.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    I guess you're in Windows... try some ISO editing software, which could add the modules in the necessary folder (the ones that are not there in the CD version... ). Then save the ISO and burn it.

Think of the ISO as an archive, which contains less .lzm files than the DVD image.. just copy the lzm's from the DVD archive into the CD iso and save it.
    Thanks for the tip xorred, I'll gonna consider trying this later.

why dont you try imgburn and do an md5check on the iso. theres nothing special about burning bt3 to dvd rather than cd. the only difference is that you are burning to dvd rather than a cd.

@SuspectZero, thanks as well for the tip but i have tried imgburn and I was able to burn it on a DVD but it still not running as a bootable DVD, It was read still as a CD although the physical medium is already a DVD.

Again please assist me in this issue, the more idea the better, Guys thanks in advance....