Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Kinda Wifi Amp is better? Indoor or Outdoor

Default What Kinda Wifi Amp is better? Indoor or Outdoor

Hello every one

What kinda Wifi Amp is better? Indoor or Outdoor?

I'm going to buy a 1 Watt 2.4 GHz 802.11g (b/g) Amplifier but i don't know which one is best

I'm going to use it with my modified NETGEAR WPN511 and sometimes with my NETGEAR WG311T

HyperAmp outdoor or HyperAmp Indoor
    HA2401RTGX-1000 or HA2401RTGXI1000

Edited made a typo in model

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Disonesto View Post
    Hello every one

What kinda Wifi Amp is better? Indoor or Outdoor?

I'm going to buy a 1 Watt 2.4 GHz 802.11g (b/g) Amplifier but i don't know which one is best

I'm going to use it with my modified NETGEAR WPN511 and sometimes with my NETGEAR WG311T

HA2401RTGX-1000 or HA2401GXE-1000
    That answer would really depend upon what you plan to use it for, wouldn't it?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

i plain to use it for my NETGEAR WPN511 to connect to free hotspots while i'm on the road

and with my NETGEAR WG311T i plain to use it to get full signal with my AP cuz my computer is in the basement of my house and the AP is upstairs

my house gos basement, middle floor then upstairs, 3 floors total i get about 1 to 2 signal bars at 11Mbps instead of 54Mbps, and if i move the AP my other computers in the other floors will have poor signal, my basement computer is the only one with poor signal.

So which one you think is better?

HA2401RTGX-1000 or HA2401RTGXI1000

EnculeurDePoules

Quote Originally Posted by Disonesto View Post
    i plain to use it for my NETGEAR WPN511 to connect to free hotspots while i'm on the road
    Hey!
    I dont mean to make you caught by the mods here, im just asking:
    How do you know when its a free hotspot, from another one, not free?
    I mean because I read here someone got banned 3 days because he connected to an open network (probably a default one) and the dictat...erm the Mods said its like illegal because its like "entering a house which door was unlocked".

So how do you know?
    Also I heard about the free hotspots in some city but is there a way to recognise them?

Thanks!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by EnculeurDePoules View Post
    Hey!
    I dont mean to make you caught by the mods here, im just asking:
    How do you know when its a free hotspot, from another one, not free?
    I mean because I read here someone got banned 3 days because he connected to an open network (probably a default one) and the dictat...erm the Mods said its like illegal because its like "entering a house which door was unlocked".

So how do you know?
    Also I heard about the free hotspots in some city but is there a way to recognise them?

Thanks!
    Treading on thin ice there, pretty close to Godwin's law.

As for the OP, are you going to use this device outside in the weather, then get the weatherproof one, if not, get the non-weatherproof one.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

the way i find free wifi hot spots is when ever i go to Macdonald's etc..

I goto wifi411.com or search online google for free hotspots and it shows me all the free wifi Hotspots near my area that i travel too

Hey Disonesto,

I am not familiar with the latest recommendations on transmitters although there are some nice threads on this forum with higher power wireless cards but.... don't forget that for a successful interaction, you should look at both the transmitter and the receiver. The transmitter can reach longer distances but the receiver also needs to be more sensitive to receive the returning signals.

Also, a high gain directional antenna would help both the transmit and the receive parts of your system at the same time.

Alacrity

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

SORRY ....

yes there's a difference between OPEN and FREE.... open is no security but don't mean that you have the right to connect to web via it.........

this is illegal !!
    and not supported here

you must be sure you target FREE hotspots...but how do you will know wich are free and not only open ?
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    SORRY ....

yes there's a difference between OPEN and FREE.... open is no security but don't mean that you have the right to connect to web via it.........

this is illegal !!
    and not supported here

you must be sure you target FREE hotspots...but how do you will know wich are free and not only open ?
    the way i find free wifi hot spots is when ever i go to Macdonald's etc..

I goto wifi411.com or search online google for free hotspots and it shows me all the free wifi Hotspots near my area that i travel too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast