Thread: AWUS036NH or AWUS036N?

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default AWUS036NH or AWUS036N?

Hi.

I got the usb adapter ALFA AWUS036NH. I am totally newbie in Backtrack 5. My issue is, I cant get the card to work properly. Not when
    I boot live CD, not when I install Backtrack to my system and not when i boot with VM player. I tried to use Backtrack witk my wireless card Broadcom, as well. But the same thing, it doesnt work like it should. I can surf the web with Broadcom, though.

Do I need ALFA AWUS036N instead?
    I have also tried to use it with Backtrack 5r3 in VM player, but NOPE. I first ordered ALFA AWUS036NHR, then AWUS036NH and now I am considering to send this one back to and order AWUS036N. '

Now, if you are a high tech pro in Backtrack but a arrogant dude as well, leave me alone.
    But other than that, all help is much appreciated. I am fresh and don`t even know what "sniffing" means.

Best regards

Ireal

Default Re: AWUS036NH or AWUS036N?

It would really help if you gave us more details, the cards can not work for various reasons.
    There is a sticky thread called "How to make a valid thread" read that see what output is posted afterwards come here and fill the gaps with what people need to help you troubleshoot.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

don't order AWUS036N -- order the AWUS036H instead -- this card works out-of-the-box with BT.

as for your AWUS036NHR card, search the forums for "AWUS036NHR" and you'll find plenty of resources to make it work with BT5. but it's a hit-and-miss thing. i did a search also for AWUS036NHR before ordering one myself, so I can cover the "N" range. still waiting for my unit.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Ireal View Post
    Hi.

I got the usb adapter ALFA AWUS036NH. I am totally newbie in Backtrack 5. My issue is, I cant get the card to work properly. Not when
    I boot live CD, not when I install Backtrack to my system and not when i boot with VM player. I tried to use Backtrack witk my wireless card Broadcom, as well. But the same thing, it doesnt work like it should. I can surf the web with Broadcom, though.

Do I need ALFA AWUS036N instead?
    I have also tried to use it with Backtrack 5r3 in VM player, but NOPE. I first ordered ALFA AWUS036NHR, then AWUS036NH and now I am considering to send this one back to and order AWUS036N. '

Now, if you are a high tech pro in Backtrack but a arrogant dude as well, leave me alone.
    But other than that, all help is much appreciated. I am fresh and don`t even know what "sniffing" means.

Best regards

Ireal
    do you up the device ? use "ifconfig wlan1 up" then use "ifconfig " to see
    I have poor english ..sorry

All the ALFA AWUS036N is for down load speed, I have the ALFA AWUS036NH, And it work fine.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ireal View Post
    Hi.

I got the usb adapter ALFA AWUS036NH. I am totally newbie in Backtrack 5. My issue is, I cant get the card to work properly.
    You can be newbie, but It doesn't take to be a genius to read a little bit, post the chipset and also look in the wiki about chipset support..Reading wiki might solve many of your doubts.

Do not get me wrong, but do as sickness said about "How to make a valid thread"...

As to "Do I need ALFA AWUS036N instead? " How about reading about chipset specs and look into wiki to see support...

and " I first ordered ALFA AWUS036NHR, then AWUS036NH and now I am considering to send this one back to and order AWUS036N" This happens when people buy without first asking or take some time to read wiki and read forums for device or chipset support. It is your fault buddy..You should have

If you are one of those people who sits and ask for being served, then you are the arrogant..Read and search wiki and forums, if any doubt, ask, but not before.

Luck.