Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: backtrack5 boot problem

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Default Re: backtrack5 boot problem

Quote Originally Posted by AminhoVic View Post
    I checked the md5sum of the BackTrack "BT5R3-GNOME-32.ISO" in Windows with HashCalc, the rezult MD5: a25d2506b100145b5730307b3e74b286

I'll download it again and get back to you.

Thank You Guys !!
    Did you downloaded the VMWare version?...Use that one and try to burn out the DVD at a very slow speed. have you tried the LiveDVD instead?..See if there is something wrong with DVD device...

Just burned their ISO

Hello,

I have imported the BT5R3-GNOME-VM-32 on VMware Player but I got this error

Also I have tried to import it on VirtualBox but it only support OVF/OVA file format

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    Did you downloaded the VMWare version?...Use that one and try to burn out the DVD at a very slow speed. have you tried the LiveDVD instead?..See if there is something wrong with DVD device...
    Yes I have downloaded the BT5R3-GNOME-32.ISO file but Its MD5 doesn't match with MD5 on the BackTrack download page, maybe the file is corrupt, So I should redownload it again.

"Do not use a download manager with our links as your download will most probably get corrupted." What does that mean ? I have Used IDM to download the BT5R3-GNOME-32.ISO

Thanks!

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AminhoVic View Post
    Hello,

I have imported the BT5R3-GNOME-VM-32 on VMware Player but I got this error

Also I have tried to import it on VirtualBox but it only support OVF/OVA file format

Yes I have downloaded the BT5R3-GNOME-32.ISO file but Its MD5 doesn't match with MD5 on the BackTrack download page, maybe the file is corrupt, So I should redownload it again.

"Do not use a download manager with our links as your download will most probably get corrupted." What does that mean ? I have Used IDM to download the BT5R3-GNOME-32.ISO

Thanks!
    The error says it all, you were using BT5 in a VM with different features (more features) than the one you are using in the PC where you want to install BT5, maybe need to install guest additions and extension pack ( I really have never and will never use VMWare, I use Oracle's VM instead)if they have not yet...

As to the download, do not get me wrong but you need to forget, put aside the Windows world...Do not use fancy things to download, It doesn't matter how good they are or if they turned out to be "cream of the crop"...Just go to the BT5 download page, download the version you want to use and download it, then check the MD5...It will perhaps take little more time, but do not rush things up.

Do things the simple way...

And concerning the MD5 not checking with BT5 md5, you got a corrupted file..Need to download it again.

Luck my friend and happy New year.
    Last edited by maverik35; 12-29-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    The error says it all, you were using BT5 in a VM with different features (more features) than the one you are using in the PC where you want to install BT5, maybe need to install guest additions and extension pack ( I really have never and will never use VMWare, I use Oracle's VM instead)if they have not yet...

As to the download, do not get me wrong but you need to forget, put aside the Windows world...Do not use fancy things to download, It doesn't matter how good they are or if they turned out to be "cream of the crop"...Just go to the BT5 download page, download the version you want to use and download it, then check the MD5...It will perhaps take little more time, but do not rush things up.

Do things the simple way...

And concerning the MD5 not checking with BT5 md5, you got a corrupted file..Need to download it again.

Luck my friend and happy New year.
    So the solution is I must redownload the backtrack ISO again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12