Thread: BT4 live DVD wount start

Default BT4 live DVD wount start

Hi Im not sure is this a BUG or is the issue with the user.

I have HP Pavilion dv7-2050eo laptop. It have Blueray dvd devise and the main operatingsystem is Windows 7.

I tried to start laptop using BT4 live DVD. (The dvd itself works, and its not the prombem, Im now using that DVD in a old Dell laptop.)

When I statrt my laptop, I select to start it from DVD. then I see that boot menu I can select The 1st atsrt BT4 framebuffer 1024x900 (or something like that) (it doesn matte which I use)

The BT4 starts to that point when I could type in "startx"

I type in startx and then it tries to start but it gives me an error ""BufferI/O error on device sr0 logical block 363019 these 2 last numbers is every time different. It just keeps repeating that error message untill Kernel panic...

I tried to start Ubuntu 9,4 dvd. it wount start to graphical mode, but memtest works.

Now Im installing BT4 to external harddrive and then I try start my laptop using it. If it wount work, I try "apt-get update etc."

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Default Re: BT4 live DVD wount start

You need to check your md5 hash first off. here's a good tutorial on how to do that if you have troubles.

After searching your error message on google. (Please try this first next time.) I found that almost all posts mention something about burning the iso at a slower speed. You should burn a new disk at a slower speed and that should fix your issue. I also noticed that with your laptop model you can have either a 32-bit(x86) or 64-bit(x64) processor. You may want to check this to make sure your processor is 32-bit since backtrack currently only offers a 32-bit version.

It would also be helpful if we could see your dmesg results especially if none of what I've mentioned this far helps you.

well, Im now using 32-bit version of Windows 7, but it seems that my core AMD Turion X2 64, so does it mean that BT4 wount work with my laptop. Yea, Ill use google, but I also wanted to post here.

I installed bt to external disk using another computer. I started my laptop using that USB hdd. Bt starts well but after startx it says no screen found. I tried apt-get update and upgrade. When I'm using dist-upgrade there come som error,but I don't remember that error code etc.
    Last edited by halfdone; 01-26-2010 at 11:14 PM.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

I see where it makes no difference as far as 32bit and 64 bit saystems are concerned. I recently installed bt4f to an AMD Turion X2 64 bit machine in a dual boot Win7/BT4f configuration and it runs fine. This was a topic on the old forums that Pureh@te addressed if I am not mistaken. (Will backtrack not run on my 64 bit system? - Remote Exploit Forums) As hhmat said in his above post, all of the information pertaining to that error is found easily with some google-fu.

*verify the md5 sums
    *burn at a slower speed
    *use different media
    *ensure you are burning DAO and not TAO, etc.

And again, if none of this works, then Dmesg output would be helpful.
    Last edited by skinnypuppy; 01-26-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Aa

md5 is correct, and after I installed it to external harddrive (using another computer). It works until I should type in startx. it says that no monitor found. now i m burning disk again.

Just burned his ISO

After you've followed everything posted above boot BT from the disc. Set boot parameters in bios for drive to be first. This way you won't have any issues. Once inside BT type "startx" to load to GUI interface. Then install to partitioned space or however you would like to run it.