Thread: Customized BT2 troubles

Default Customized BT2 troubles

Hey, I was trying to make a customized version of BackTrack2 for my macbook so I can just boot up and go without having to download and install madwifi and use the boot cheatcodes and set the resolution and all that stuff. I used forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=6214 for the macbook specific changes, madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo to get the airport card going and forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7914 for the LiveCD remastering part of my little project.

I updated a few things like milw0rm and the metasploit framework3 and added madwifi (to get the airport extreme card working) and 915resoltion (to get the resolution right) and the disk image ended up being over 750mb which was really odd, I didn't add that much stuff.

Anyway, thats not my main concern. I made the LiveCD and burned it to a DVD and booted it up on my macbook, not only did the madwifi not load my airport card right but I lost the pretty BackTrack2 loading screen that i liked so much (i think its the one thats loaded into the kernel). i didn't redo the kernel or anything and all i did to lilo.conf was add the append line (which didn't work either).

So, in short nothing I tried to do worked right. So if anyone could help me fix these problems I would really appreciate it, I would really really like to be able to get BackTrack2 booting on my MacBook so I can use it for my "Ethical Hacking and Hands on Security" course as well as my own personal uses.

Oh, by the way I'm using a MacBook Intel Core Duo 2 GHz with 2GB of ram. And if this isn't enough information to get help please let me know what other info to share.

Use these instead

They should provide you will all the info you need.

ok, I think I understand what you mean now.

to do the madwifi i think i'm going to have the madwifi startup commands from the madwifi wiki in an rc script. How would I get a script in /etc/rc.d/ to execute on startup?

And, if I add an append line to lilo.conf do I have to run "lilo -v" for it to take effect? If so, how would I do that with a module?

Its been a while since I've worked with Linux much since I started using OpenBSD and Mac OS X.