Thread: black screen at boot

Default black screen at boot

hi,
    I've got BT2 burned on CD. It starts and runs fine on my PC but my laptop is finding it hard.
    @boot: i press enter and it just goes into a black screen. I can hear it loading as the cd-drive is doing something but nothing appears.
    Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
    I cant find a readme or anyhting but there must be some other commands that i can use to start BT2. No?

Thanks!

Default graphics

Well, if you have no output maybe it's a graphics card incompatibility.

Until you let us know full details of your laptop we cannot help.

Maybe try it with ubuntu. That's jolly good.
    Lux sit

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by rh-penguin View Post
    hi,
    I've got BT2 burned on CD. It starts and runs fine on my PC but my laptop is finding it hard.
    @boot: i press enter and it just goes into a black screen. I can hear it loading as the cd-drive is doing something but nothing appears.
    Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
    I cant find a readme or anyhting but there must be some other commands that i can use to start BT2. No?

Thanks!
    I have a suggestion...when you reach the "boot:" screen, just wait, and don't hit any key...give it about 30 seconds, and let me know if that helped? I know how frustrating this process is, but with a little patience, and a lot of research you will figure it out.

Just burned his ISO

Default what video card are you using?

rh-penguin, please list your video card and laptop details...what OS do you have - if it's Windows, first look up your video card details(Start-> right click on MyComputer-> click on Properties-> click on the Hardware tab-> click on DeviceManager-> goto you video card, expand it, right click on it and select properties)

Just burned his ISO

I ran into this problem too at the boot prompt type "bt acpi=off" that's what worked on my dell inspiron

Quote Originally Posted by DrPppr242 View Post
    I ran into this problem too at the boot prompt type "bt acpi=off" that's what worked on my dell inspiron
    Worked a treat! Thanks very much!
    Although it hasnt recognised my network cards, there not listed.
    ifconfig spits out only loopback.
    I've forgot the command to reconfigure/add a wired network interface, can someone please tell me what it is......?

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

ifconfig card up
    should work, where card is your card probably eth0 or eth1 depending on your setup

hmm that was strange.............i booted up the second time and the net was fine...........No worrys.
    Thanks for everyones help!
    Happy backtracking¬!