Hello, This is my first post to the BT forums. A little background first; I am into network administration as a course of study and I have Linux experience at the college level. That said, I will mention the unmentionable trove of M$ exp as well. I love hacking. I have been poking around BT for a quite awhile, played with it before college even, broke some WEP, WooHoo.

During my education I learned about proper documentation. I already knew how to be helpful and I endeavor to be a nice guy. The level of flames and irrelevant posts in this forum and BT material around the internet generally is appalling. The gross lack of respect that I have witnessed is reproachable. The organization (at the internet level) sucks. I have never participated in an environment as scattered as this. I WASTE time wading through all of this crap. I don't want to keep blowing time parsing cruft. Is there somewhere else!? hehe.

I notice that a lot of the commands that I learned in the CentOS style Bash are irrelevant here. Is there a concise list concerning this OS's syntax? It is irritating when makewhatis turns into mandb -c GRRRRR!!!!!! I understand that BT subjects are offered as courses. Do I really need to blow another 6 grand? or 30? or 40? Whatever it may be, I have already buried a lot into my IT addiction. Is that how it is? I hope not. The courses are expensive for a week of training IMHO, or I would already be there.

There are certain things that I think the community should think about. One really stupid thing , IMHO, is the fact that a stock BT5 r3 can't take a screen shot. I know linux is the configuration wizard's dream but really!? I have to grab software to make a screen shot in a distro as maniacally fleshed out as this!? I swore and swore I did.

So anyhow, I'll hang out. I'm looking for some new comrades. I have some really cool comrades as well, great people, great hackers, not much trouble. Can't wait to hear from the community with some road signs showing the way...

daed lanth
gmail