Hi.. i have a partition set up on my hard drive that i want to boot the live iso image from, the image i want to boot is BACKTRACK5r2-kde 32bit. i have many reasons for wanting to do this one is a live OS is supposed to boot much faster this way,and no need for CD, DVD, or USB. i already have it on USB, and i also have a virtual-box install. so this is one more method i want to add to my arsenal.

So here is the grub configuration i have set up for BACKTRACK5 and the errors i receive.

menuentry "BackTrack5-r2-32bit KDE" {
set root='(hd0,msdos4)'
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 8EE9-EF34
loopback loop /BT5R2-KDE-32.iso
linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/BT5R2-KDE-32.iso quiet splash locale=en_US bootkbd=us console-setup/layoutcode=us user-setup/encrypt-home=true noeject --
initrd (loop)/casper/initrd.gz
}

so when i chose that boot option on my grub menu the error i get is no argument specified. press any key to continue then when i hit a key i get a momentary blinking cursor and then it goes to a ubuntu place holder for ubuntu 10.04? if i hit F1 it goes to the (initramfs) prompt and i get the following message over and over

/init: line3: cant open /dev/sr0: no medium found
stdin: error0

it cycles through that a million and a half times and then it goes to this

(INITRAMFS) unable to find a medium containing a live file system press any key to continue

what gives folks any ideas? this would be a fabulous way to boot BACKTRACK in my opinion for a multitude of reasons. any help would be apreciated thanks/////