Thread: NO keyboard after run BT2

Just burned his ISO

Default NO keyboard after run BT2

HI ,

Just tryed to run BT2 on my laptop ( Aspire 1800) , and it boot fine untill the login screen then i can not use my keyboard??? .

Tryed on 2 desktops and had no problems with that ....

Is there a way to fix my keyb while running BT2?

Any help would be apriciated.

Just burned his ISO

I'm also having this problem, I tryed searching and thats how I found this thread. Unfortunately no one responded to "Gozzy". Could some one please offer some advice?

This is happening in BT2Final and BT3beta. I'm using windows Vista on a HP Pavillion DV6700 Laptop.
    I can run BT2and BT3 in VMware Workstation 6. Mouse works, I can highlight using left button, and right button will paste. I managed to log in using this method and have tried different settings in BT2.

Keyboard works fine in Vista, but as soon as I enter BT2 in Virtual Machine I lose all keyboard functions. Please help?

I have spent 4 days searching for a fix.

This is happening in BT2Final and BT3beta. I'm using windows Vista on a HP Pavillion DV6700 Laptop.

I can run BT2and BT3 in VMware Workstation 6. Mouse works, I can highlight using left button, and right button will paste. Mouse functions are recognized.

Keyboard works fine in Vista, but as soon as I enter BT2 in Virtual Machine, I lose all keyboard input. Please help?

Is there a VMware tool that may fix or patch this problem?

Dont start a new thread asking this question when you have already asked it here.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry about the repost,

I downloaded the evaluative version of workstation 6. Ran BT3, still had no keyboard input, only mouse.

I changed the guest OS to Ubuntu( previously Linux Kernel 6) and ran BT3 again. I now had keyboard input but would eventually lose BT3 tools.

I changed guest OS back to Linux Kernel 2.6 and ran BT3 in workstation 6, this wroked!

Hopefully this will help someone else with the same problem.

Just burned his ISO

Default easier solution

just type
    echo 'xkeymap.nokeycodeMap = true' > ~/.vmware/config

Quote Originally Posted by ikeman View Post
    just type
    echo 'xkeymap.nokeycodeMap = true' > ~/.vmware/config
    Uhh, dude, the last post was a year ago, about a now unsupported version.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69