Thread: Deauth protection?

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default Deauth protection?

Hi

How can I prevent my computer from being deauthentificated (aireplay-ng -0 option) ?
    I guess that somebody plays every night deauthentificating all neighbours and it's very anoying. He uses different fake bssids.
    Wired connection works properly but wireless is not working for me nor for many other neighbours.
    It could also be some kind of interference, but it's always happening for several hours and ends at sleeping time. Other electronic devices (TV, radio, mobile, screens...) work well.

regards

Default Re: Deauth protection?

There is another similar thread which has been raised here. When you say other electronic devices work, do you mean they can connect to your WiFi, or do you just mean they turn on and seem to function?

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by rastamouse View Post
    There is another similar thread which has been raised here. When you say other electronic devices work, do you mean they can connect to your WiFi, or do you just mean they turn on and seem to function?
    Hello

I mean that I cannot connect my home wifi AP and my neighbours cannot connect their respective APs either. But we can properly surf the Internet by using a wired connection.
    And I mean that all other radio devices such as TV and cell phones work without noticing any interference.

Indeed I'm almost sure that is somebody trying to deauth everybody because some weeks ago I checked with backtrack looking for something strange and I saw constant deauth messages.

The link you give doesn't offer any solution.
    Somebody from aircrack-ng suggested me that drivers could be modified, but I'm not a IT guru.
    regards
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 12-06-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Merged

Well as I alluded to in that thread, I don't think there is necessarily an easy solution for you and your neighbours. The deauthentication packet is part of the IEEE regs which is embedded in WiFi chipsets; the suggestion to modify drivers is, presumably, to disable this function in the chipset. Your neighbours are likely to be using different drivers for their differently manufactured WiFi devices, so this is not a practical solution. You will be able to continue to use your wired connection, as this type of deauth only effects WiFi connections.

Whoever is doing this may will be experimenting with their own access point, and may not even realise they are causing this amount of mayhem in the neighbourhood. Maybe a diplomatic approach to try and find the person and asking them to stop is better?

Just burned their ISO

OK, thanks