Thread: Getting BT to work on older TFT-panels

Just burned his ISO

Default Getting BT to work on older TFT-panels

Since I'm a little new to Linux I had som trouble finding were to go when my TFT display said "cannot display this video mode" (what the ... "cannot.." have you even tried?). I found it eventually in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf where the refresh rate was set by default to an interval a bit above the supported 60 Hz on my screen.

I just thought that I couldn't be the only one having had this problem, so I hope this'll help some of us newbs.

Since I am unable to post suggestions for like three days I can drop it here and hope for some one to pick it up. Would it be a stupid idea to change the default refresh rate to 60-85 Hz instead on the live cd? If I like a true naiv windows user just types startx I'm stuck in darkness... Or? There are a lot of 60 Hz monitors across the corporate networks...

Hope that someone is helped by this!

Just burned his ISO

I'm having the same problem here. I'm trying to use backtrack to teach my information security I course but the classroom full of new Dells have flat panel monitors that will only use 60Hz refresh. Since this is the first course in a series most of the students are completely new to this and it would be great if I could just tell them to boot from the CD and start teaching. I'm just wondering if it's possible to make the edit to /etc/X11/xorg.conf permanent in some way without writing to the HD. How would I go about doing the edit and then create a new ISO? Is it possible?

Just use this method, and you can then remaster a live cd with the modified xorg.conf

Just burned his ISO

Thanks parrot, this looks like the solution. I guess I would have stumbled onto this sooner or later but I think this will help me get it up and running for the next class. Getting to it tonight! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BatteriesIncluded View Post
    Thanks parrot, this looks like the solution. I guess I would have stumbled onto this sooner or later but I think this will help me get it up and running for the next class. Getting to it tonight! Thanks!
    Your welcome.