Thread: Software question?Not Backtrack related.

Hybrid View

Question Software question?Not Backtrack related.

I am looking for a database application that will allow me to input computer,server and network problems that arise, and also to keep an inventory on computers, hardware and software that a company has.
    I know this is not security,h4ck1ng or BackTrack related. I do apologize.
    I tried google, but it gives me way too many links and some are not even related to what I want.So I thought to give this forum a shot. I know some of you work in corporate environments and I am sure you have something like that.
    I don't want to use Access or Excel. I am sure there is some professional software out there that can do all that in one database. I am not sure what other companies use.
    I trust you!

Thank you in advance!

I can't answer your question, but I will tell you that there is NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE. This is called the General IT Discussion forum. Or "General" forum. Its cool. No one will jump on you for not talking about BT2 or security. As long as its not spam or flaming other members..anything goes in here.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Default Re:

You are right!

Product choices really depend on your budget. High end products can easily run $250k plus (ie, Landesk & Remedy). However, I'm guessing that since you are posting to these forums you are looking for something more in the open source or GPL categories (ie, no to little budget). That in mind, you might consider looking at "Information Resource Manager". It is a sourceforge project that appears to fit the requirements you have. Sorry, I can't post a URL for it because I'm still under the 15 post count min for doing so. Although you shouldn't have any trouble finding it with the information I've provided.

In closing, if this product doesn't fit your requirements you might try google again wtih the following keywords (asset management, incident management, Helpdesk, open source, GPL).

Hope this helps out at least a little. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Packets View Post
    Product choices really depend on your budget. High end products can easily run $250k plus (ie, Landesk & Remedy). However, I'm guessing that since you are posting to these forums you are looking for something more in the open source or GPL categories (ie, no to little budget). That in mind, you might consider looking at "Information Resource Manager". It is a sourceforge project that appears to fit the requirements you have. Sorry, I can't post a URL for it because I'm still under the 15 post count min for doing so. Although you shouldn't have any trouble finding it with the information I've provided.

In closing, if this product doesn't fit your requirements you might try google again wtih the following keywords (asset management, incident management, Helpdesk, open source, GPL).

Nice and informative first post Packets. Welcome to remote--=Xploitz=- forums!!

Enjoy your stay.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Talking Re:

Alright! Thanks a lot Packets! I will give all those a try!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Packets View Post

Hopefully the newer versions of Remedy are better than what I had worked with a few years ago. I know it sucked balls back then.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

EnculeurDePoules

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Hopefully the newer versions of Remedy are better than what I had worked with a few years ago. I know it sucked balls back then.
    haha im using that at work... it sucks!
    I explain quickly...it looks like a "gas factory"...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by godcronos View Post
    I am looking for a database application that will allow me to input computer,server and network problems that arise, and also to keep an inventory on computers, hardware and software that a company has.
    I know this is not security,h4ck1ng or BackTrack related. I do apologize.
    I tried google, but it gives me way too many links and some are not even related to what I want.So I thought to give this forum a shot. I know some of you work in corporate environments and I am sure you have something like that.
    I don't want to use Access or Excel. I am sure there is some professional software out there that can do all that in one database. I am not sure what other companies use.
    I trust you!

Thank you in advance!
    I wrote my own, as I couldn't find anything that suited my needs.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.