Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation problem

Just burned their ISO

Default Installation problem

Hi, I currently have linux mint and windows 7, I wanted to try backtrack, the download went perfectly, I checked the md5 sum, and I mounted it, but after that nothing happens, usually in mint a program runs automatically the settings to install, but this didn't happen for me, when I open the mounted iso I see files only, the same problem happened when I tried install arch linux, I am really sorry if this is a noob question but I tried everything to find a way to install it but I ran out of options and this is my last resort.
    I am using HP laptop Intel core I7 Radeon graphic card.

Thank you for your help!

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Default Re: Installation problem

It is a live DVD, you need to boot with it, then at the desktop, it is this icon (the only one in desktop) that says: "Install Backtrack".

Try it...

Just burned their ISO

Thanks for your reply, I tried this option already but I got the same results, nothing happens

have you created a partition for the BT5 installation?..If you have mint and w7, well I'll assume you are not a newbbie..So could you please post partition map (sda1--W7, sda2---Mint, sdax---swap, etc)?

Live DVD runs Ok and goes all the way to the BT5 desktop?...

Do you have a UEFI system file?..

Just burned their ISO

no I didn't create a partition,for the map I am not sure how they do it I think w7 has 700GB and mint has 16GB,no I dont' have UEFI I am using BIOS, any idea where I went wrong?

Just burned their ISO

I'm having an issue everytime i boot up the usb with backtrack on it i always get this message before the startx

Can not mount /dev/loopo (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

any advice on what to do with this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by abduman View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I tried this option already but I got the same results, nothing happens
    When you click on the "backtrack Install" icon on desktop nothing happens?...Even without a free space it should run the installer....I want to quote:
    "I mounted it, but after that nothing happens, usually in mint a program runs automatically the settings to install, but this didn't happen for me, when I open the mounted iso I see files only," You are suppose to boot fromit not mount it....

Did you burn the .iso downloaded from backtrack?..Do it in the slowest speed possible.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by maverik35 View Post
    When you click on the "backtrack Install" icon on desktop nothing happens?...
    There is no installler icon in the desktop.

Just burned their ISO

I got the same problem.
    Anyone can help?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abduman View Post
    Hi, I currently have linux mint and windows 7, I wanted to try backtrack, the download went perfectly, I checked the md5 sum, and I mounted it, but after that nothing happens, usually in mint a program runs automatically the settings to install, but this didn't happen for me, when I open the mounted iso I see files only, the same problem happened when I tried install arch linux, I am really sorry if this is a noob question but I tried everything to find a way to install it but I ran out of options and this is my last resort.
    I am using HP laptop Intel core I7 Radeon graphic card.

Thank you for your help!

I just booted from BT5r3 DVD live and after startx, it loads up everything and in the desktop is the "Install Backtrack" icon...

Have you tried in another PC or laptop?..If same thing happens, you might want to try downloading BT5r3 direct from backtrack page and check md5sum...

Go here and see the initial desktop before installation: http://qiq.ws/17/08/2012/operating_s..._x64_i386.html

Luck.
    Last edited by maverik35; 12-07-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast