Thread: Root logins are not allowed

Just burned their ISO

Question Root logins are not allowed

Hello All,

I am using BT 5 R3 version with default log/pass (root:toor). But today I made a upgrade about system and it was very big update actually, unfortunately i did not look too much when it is updating files.
    After that when I reboot the computer, there was a different login window like (not command console), and root:toor did not work and gave me the message: "Root logins are not allowed". Now I can not enter the BT Could you help me about it please?

BR,
    Axmetmcl

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Default Re: Root logins are not allowed

And why did you upgrade BT5?..I imagine you have the KDE version...First you have to see the users active in new upgrade, then change the root and user (if applicable) password and then see if programs work once you can login.

If you are newbbie, I strongly suggest you reinstall...And please, if you are in BT5r3, I do not see any other version to upgrade to, have you?...And try to use gnome if you are newbbie..Now you know why..

Luck..

Just burned their ISO

Unfortunately, I am a newbie and I am gonna re-install it. I hope there will be a no problem when I re-install that because I am using BT 5 R3 with Win7 in same HDD.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Try to use the gnome version...The KDE version in some time it will ask you to upgrade....

Even as newbie, if you do it right, linux won't dissapoint you. .Just remember not to install it in the windows partition. If something goes wrong, it is the user's fault, not linux.

As a newbbie, I strongly suggest to make a HDD map as to how many and size of each partition...

luck.