Thread: Remote Desktop via reverse ssh tunnel over port 80

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default Remote Desktop via reverse ssh tunnel over port 80

Hi all,

So I have an issue, in which I setup a reverse ssh connection on a virtual backtrack instance, which connects to a relay server of mine. As a result of this I can ssh into my relay server and then ssh into the virtual backtrack instance and have shell access...keep in mind this is working all over port 80 from the virtual machine side to the relay server with a public ip...logically it looks like this :

[VIRTUAL BACKTRACK INSTANCE WITH PRIVATE IP]------[CORP FIREWALL]-----(INTERNET)-----[RELAY SERVER WITH PUBLIC IP ]

My issues is...I need a way to leverage this reverse ssh connection and perform a remote desktop over port 80 .....or make another reverse ssh connection over port 80 with a remote desktop application...I mainly need this because I need to run tools like nessus and need to access the GUI of virtual backtrack instance so that I can use the browser to run nessus....any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Please help!

Default Re: Remote Desktop via reverse ssh tunnel over port 80

Tunnel the Nessus web interface (8843) over your ssh session back to localhost:8834
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Remote Desktop via reverse ssh tunnel over port 80

Thanks Thorin,

what i actually ended up doing is using the x11 protocol via ssh...so basically I SSH into my relay server and then from this terminal I SSH to my dropbox VM via the following command

ssh -C -X -p 22 user@127.0.0.1

-C= compression

-x = tunnels the x11 protocol

-p= ssh port

once I do this...I'm dropped into the terminal of the virtual VM...then from the terminal I can spawn any application you want thats on the virtual vm side...so now if i want to access the firefox browser of I just type "firefox"..really simple...but can be a bit slow
    Last edited by noobzilla; 12-01-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: needs to be cap "-X"