Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emesene n Such

Just burned their ISO

Question Emesene n Such

Ok im new to backtrack and i fully installed it on my box not knowing it would of taken away my windows , so it looks like i got to get to use to all the commands and such , i still have failed to get firefox with flashplayer and i also tried to get msn using sudo apt-get install emesene , i do not know where it went but it says "emesene is already the newest version" any help would be great full , im using backtrack 5 r3 , i have been reading all the forums trying to add everything to this but its so much different than windows , ive even looked at http://atokbalthasar.wordpress.com/2...l-backtrack-5/ , any advice , tips , anything would be awesome , thanks

Default Re: Emesene n Such

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but I don't see the point in that article at all. It seems to be focused around transforming BackTrack into an everyday OS for general use, which is totally not the point of BackTrack. If you want a Linux based OS for everyday use, use something like Ubuntu.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Try installing amsn..It is more friendly and works great. As to firefox and flash plugin, refer to the wiki in the forums...

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by rastamouse View Post
    Forgive me if I'm being dense, but I don't see the point in that article at all. It seems to be focused around transforming BackTrack into an everyday OS for general use, which is totally not the point of BackTrack. If you want a Linux based OS for everyday use, use something like Ubuntu.
    i installed back track and it erased my windows , now im trying to uninstall backtrack

Just burned their ISO

i tried to boot to my windows ultimate disk using f12 (boot from cd) when restarting my computer and it still brought me to the backtrack os , yes i know backtrack may be advanced for me so no need to tell me that lol i might as well say that backtrack did overwrite my windows partition but i dont know how to uninstall the /dev/sda1 on backtrack ... , thank you for trying/helping me with this , kinda urgent to me to get my windows back

You don't "uninstall" backtrack. You format the hard drive and re-install whatever OS you want. In your case, Windows. If pressing F12 on boot didn't take you to a boot options menu and allow you to boot from the CD, then you need to refer to your manufacturers guide on how to do this. This isn't exactly a backtrack issue, if you know what I mean.
    Good luck though,

Quote Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
    i tried to boot to my windows ultimate disk using f12 (boot from cd) when restarting my computer and it still brought me to the backtrack os , yes i know backtrack may be advanced for me so no need to tell me that lol i might as well say that backtrack did overwrite my windows partition but i dont know how to uninstall the /dev/sda1 on backtrack ... , thank you for trying/helping me with this , kinda urgent to me to get my windows back
    Download gparted and burn it. Reboot with it..Now you have to delete the Linux partition sda1, apply changes..Now reboot with Windows CD or DVD, it will see the whole disk as "not partitioned", just follow the instructions, you have all HDD to install Windows.

Luck.

Just burned their ISO

So you are saying that i need to burn gparted to a disc than reboot with it and delete the partition sda1 , are you sure this would work ?

Yes...Boot with it. Then it will show you all partitions in your hard drive, now you erase all partitions or the one you want to get rid of, that's all..Now when booting with your Win7 disk it will see the whole drive and it will create the partition and format it. I do not see the problem...

You need to read about partition and types of filesystems...

Luck.

Just burned their ISO

Well i just burned the GParted iso to a dvd disc (wasted a dvd) and the iso name is gpartedbin and i double checked to make sure it was an iso file , took 3 mins to burn , tried to boot from cd and nothing happend just took me right back to Backtrack ? I dont know what im doing wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast