Thread: Trouble installing Virtual Guest Addon using the wget command in Linux

Just burned their ISO

Default Trouble installing Virtual Guest Addon using the wget command in Linux

Hello,

I have installed Backtrack 5 R3 64-bit using Virtualbox. Now I am attempting to install the Virtual Guest Addon using the following command:

root@bt:~# wget http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...ions_4.0.8.iso

I attempted 3 times already, but the screen goes completely black at about 20% completion. All of the lines of text along with the completion rate disappear. I tried restarting my computer, but the same problem keeps occurring.

Is there a way to remedy this issue? I tried looking on the forums and google, but I couldn't find anything in particular solution to this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Seth

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Trouble installing Virtual Guest Addon using the wget command in Linux

I have the same problem i run with Vbox BT5 and i have not access in my files on c: d: etc. so i cant put the list which is 13gb....

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Trouble installing Virtual Guest Addon using the wget command in Linux

@seth2600: Have you tried downloading the file with a web browser, or on an alternate machine and transferring the ISO using a USB flash drive? In any case, I didn't have any problem downloading the file. I tried once with Chrome under Windows and once with Firefox under my BT5R3 VM (I prefer VMware Workstation to VirtualBox, though).

Just burned their ISO

@Dyndrilliac: I ended up downloading the file with a faster internet connection, and that did the trick. However, now am I having trouble issuing the following command as shown in the backtrack wiki:

root@bt:~# mount –o loop VBoxGuestAdditions_4.0.8.iso.4 /a

I get the following message:

VBoxguestAdditions_4.0.8.iso.4: No such file or directory

I was just wondering how to issue the correct command so the file can be found? I think it's called "iso.4" since I made 4 attempts to download it.

Seth2600