Thread: Connecting to a Network Share(via Login)

Default Connecting to a Network Share(via Login)

Ok, so in my setup i have a ms2003 domain controller (sorry for saying that ms word :P)

As most of you will have noticed by my presence on the forums i have been playing around with BT3 testing various tools/techniques on my home network.

Today I wanted to connect to my server drive that i have access to on my windows box.

Upon searching the forums i could not find any guide. So i hit google.

So this is me giving back to the community, here is my first guide on how to do something, its only simple, but it may help someone.

Ok, so first off you need to know what drive you wish to connect to.

For example, my shared drives are on my server mcp and theyre against my login name 'merlin051' so my share looks something like this //mcp/merlin051$, my local domain is network1.local the servers IP is 192.168.1.20. Ok so you have the baisc information about the server and the drive shares your trying to connect to.

For this task we are going to use smbmount to complete this task.

So open up a konsole, first off you need to create a folder to mount the share to, you can do this anywhere you want, but i chose to keep it simple and went with creating a folder in /mnt

So your going to change the active directory to /mnt and create teh folder wiht the following commands;

cd /mnt
    mkdir shareabc

once complete, do a quick ls to check you've created the folder.

then on the next line you need to use the following command

smbmount //mcp/merlin051$ /mnt/shareabc -o username=merlin051,workgroup=network1.local,uid=root,ip=192.168.1.20

please note that the uid=root is the current login your using on linux, if unsure use whoami in any konsole to find out what to type here.

Now, if you cd to /mnt/shareabc you now have the access to your files.

Hope this helps, let me know if i made any stupid mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin051 View Post

Upon searching the forums i could not find any guide. So i hit google.
    Excellent guide!. Don't sell yourself so dang short! There are people here who can't do what you just told them how to do....and now they can.

Google is an excellent resource. When you can't find the info you need here...Google has never failed me. NEVER.

I haven't proofread your tutorial, but by glance it looks just right. Keep it up merlin051. Your doing just fine. I wanna see more tuts from you in the future. No matter how "simple" you think they are.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Thumbs up

Thats a nice guide merlin. I just read it all and everything seems to be in order. This is a nifty and handy guide to add to the wonderful library of remote-exploit.