Thread: n00b question: invalid ELF header

Just burned his ISO

Default n00b question: invalid ELF header

Hey, I'm rather new to BT and can't find an answer to this on Google or in the forums, so I thought I'd ask here.

I downloaded bt2final.iso and extracted the contents to a CD. After booting into BT from the CD, I can do most things just fine, but when I attempt to run samdump2 I get the following errror:

Code:
    samdump2: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7: invalid ELF header
    Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated!

Edit: I checked the hash of the image I downloaded and it was correct.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Hey, I'm rather new to BT and can't find an answer to this on Google or in the forums, so I thought I'd ask here.

I downloaded bt2final.iso and extracted the contents to a CD. After booting into BT from the CD, I can do most things just fine, but when I attempt to run samdump2 I get the following errror:

Code:
    samdump2: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7: invalid ELF header
    Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated!

Edit: I checked the hash of the image I downloaded and it was correct.
    Have you verified that the file it says is missing is indeed, missing?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

Most likely the file is not in your path and you must cd into the directory where the file exists in order to run it.