Thread: Password and Account problem

Just burned his ISO

Question Password and Account problem

Hi guys,
    i have installed BT 2 on my hd on multiboot multios ambient and all work fine for me; (Installation and OS startup ecc.) but .... when i have try to change root password with kde grapichal tool application fail ... i reboot and password are reset (toor pass don't function , my new pass don't function but login with blank password go ok); after i have try passwd command on command line to change root pass and adduser command to add a normal user and complete successful ... but when reboot BT2 don't accept any type of login ; (root;toor) (root:mynewpass) (newuser:newpass) nothing ..... i'm blocked ..... i need login =)

thnks ... sorry for bad english

boot from the CD, and copy the /etc/shadow file from the CD to /etc/shadow on the hard drive (after mounting it). You can also edit the existing shadow file on the hard drive (after booting from the CD and mounting the hard drive), and delete the password hash parameter from the file.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up Very Fast Very Useful Reply

Thank you very much !! ... now i have successful changed root pass and add normal user but when startx with normal user environment bt 2 start with classic kde desktop and all shortcut for bt2 app are in lost&found menu ...
    i cry need to import profile ??? for normal user ??

thnks =)

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by iamjfk11 View Post
    Thank you very much !! ... now i have successful changed root pass and add normal user but when startx with normal user environment bt 2 start with classic kde desktop and all shortcut for bt2 app are in lost&found menu ...
    i cry need to import profile ??? for normal user ??

thnks =)
    Should be a easy search as we just covered this the other day.

Default control center

while in your "normal user "account, goto control center and look through your profiles or themes and select whichever one is associated with your root account that should change the settings back to the original settings, and yeah since the GUI password changer is a bit finicky just do it the normal way

bt~# passwd
    then hit enter
    open source = open minds, human knowledge belongs to the world

Just burned his ISO

Question Returning to first post

i've casual used a function called Lock Session and i've encountered a problem .. don't accept my password and unlock fail ... i dont'know what is a problem

=) thnks sorry for bad english