Thread: Back Track Begginer Needs Help

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default Back Track Begginer Needs Help

Hello All,

My very first post.... I have several questions. I am trying to use aircrack, however I just can't figure it out.

I have the Belkin F9L 1002v1 Wireless USB adapter, can someone tell me if this adapter will allow packet injection? If so, can someone point me to the right drivers? I am going to be trying aircrack on BT5R3 tomorrow after I get a reply here. I tried on Ubuntu (latest release) and the driver they have insterted in the distro doesn't support packet injection..

Also, can you give me the syntax (blacklisting, installation, etc..) to get the driver, if available to work.

Thanks

Default Re: Back Track Begginer Needs Help

I would advice you to read the documentation on the aircrack-ng website.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

It seems to me like you are not only BT5 Begginer, but linux as well..Need to read more..Here we cannot give recipes and "word by word, step by step" instruction as far as "Linux basics"...

Do as rastamouse instructed you...And refer to Ubuntu wiki..

One very very important thing, all linux distros are not "Plug and Play", "One click will do it for you", etc..This is linux not windows, sorry..Some things might work, some others need to find a "work around"..
    Luck.

Just burned their ISO

Well, I have done as you instructed and went and checked out the aircrack website and I can't find whether or not the Belkin Wireless USB adapter Model 1002v1 F9L has a driver that supports injection. I am sure it would be realtek and the latest driver stock in ubuntu definitely doesn't allow injection, i'm hoping someone could tell me if there is an older chipset/driver I can download and some instructions on how to get them installed..

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Ratamouse instructed you to read aircrack-ng suite. If you really read, you will see thet the MOST important thing is not THE BRAND, no, no..The chipset, that is the key...This is not windows, you need to know the CHIPSET used by device...

Do you know how to know the chipset used?...I think so, you have Saint Google, WikiDevi, etc...Then once you have the info, go back to aircrack and read about the chipset, if it is supported and if there is a patch..

Read this links in the ordered posted:

Read the man pages to lspci: open up a terminal and type: man lspci

Read here: http://www.wikidevi.com/wiki/Belkin_F9L1002

Refer here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...Driver/bcm43xx

refer here: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...8-04-a-916633/

refer here: http://duckduckgo.com/?q=ubuntu+10.04+Belkin+n300

Refer again: aircrack-ng website with all info and go to the proper section according to chipset....All, pros and cons...

Once read and refered to links above, with the info well understood and read , go back and post if any doubt.

We are here to help, in my case with my limited knowledge, but it is not well seen posts including something like this: "Give me step by step all instructions", "Tell me exactly how to do it step by step", "It is not like windows, all automatic". Try not to post this way, you might end up receiving no response.

Luck..
    Last edited by maverik35; 11-17-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Just burned their ISO

Thank you sir, the info you just provided me taught me more than I have learned browsing google the past several Weeks. I wasn't trying to bother anyone, just simply needed a little direction. thank you