Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backtrack 5 r3 Fake-AP MITM script! 100% working v1.0

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Default Re: Backtrack 5 r3 Fake-AP MITM script! 100% working v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by kira12a8 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I've tried it and clients got IP address in subnet 192.168.1.0/24 but they can't connect to the internet. Please tell me how to do. Thanks.
    Best regards,
    hi
    I do not know how you set your internal network...., however, to learn "the operation to configure manually(no-script) A""FAKEAP & FAKE-subnet"" TAKE a look in this thread:

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=47021 ###ORIGINAL & EXCELLENT QUALITY - WORK

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=53637 ###BAD-IMITATION with ""shit""-quality
    bye

Just burned their ISO

Hi em3rgency,

I am a new user of BT and trying to find my way.
    Firstly i would like to say that your script really rocks.
    I' ve tried it in my own lab and until know works like a charm.
    However, without any meaning of discourtesy, i would like to give you some feedback in the ssl strip section.
    Specifically when i first tried it i got an error in its terminal that was saying:
    "self.client.write(data)
    File "usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Twisted-12.0.0-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/twisted/web/http.py", line898, in write
    raise RuntimeError('Request.write called on a request after' exception.RuntimeError:Request.write called on a request after Request.finish was called)... ".

I didn't know what to do and in the beginning i thought that maybe BT5R3 hadn't had pre-installed the ssl strip script.
    Then i decided to "wonder" in the file system and find where it should possibly be. Also i read really carefully all the posts in your thread and decided to try the following:
    I got inside the ssl strip terminal - as long as your script was still up and running - and using the cd command moved to the "pentest/web/sslstrip" directory.
    Then i run the command "python sslstrip.py -p" and everything run like a charm. (That drove me to the conclusion that probably ssl strip is already pre-installed to BT)

My second pc "victim" was able to connect to the fake AP and through it to the internet and successfully log to my mail provider. Thus MIMT script was able to catch the log and pass phrases.

So i was wondering if there is smth i am doing wrong or whether there is smth else i should do in advance in order to have MIMT running successfully without having interfering into the ssl strip terminal, while running.

I' would like you to have in mind that i am not only new in the BT5R3 os but also i have little knowledge for Linux os' es. So i don't know how i could provide you with more detailed and helpfull info and feedback. Just hope that the above will help.

I would also like to ask you whether your script MIMT is the ancestor of Easy-Creds or are these two totally different each other ? I am asking because i saw a similarity between them.

Just burned their ISO em3rgency's Avatar

sslstrip is not installed on BT5r3 by default. You will have to go to sslstrip directory and run "python setup.py install" or "python install setup.py" i forget which one. You will get a random error message inside sslstrip sometimes, that's no big deal if you are still picking up credentials. I just CALL sslstrip in the script, so whatever errors you are getting is related to sslstrip. I like the windows position of Easy-Creds is maybe why you think it looks similar?? Also, check out my website I have an updated version of this script that has a logging function to save all the information you gather during an attack.

Just burned their ISO

I have simple question: Is fake AP-MiTM Script working for sniffing on wire or it's just working for wireless?

In another words can I sniff with that script computers not using wireless but wire?

Thank you beforehand.

Just burned their ISO em3rgency's Avatar

Yes it has an options to MITM through the wire, did you even look at the script?

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by em3rgency View Post
    sslstrip is not installed on BT5r3 by default. You will have to go to sslstrip directory and run "python setup.py install" or "python install setup.py" i forget which one. You will get a random error message inside sslstrip sometimes, that's no big deal if you are still picking up credentials. I just CALL sslstrip in the script, so whatever errors you are getting is related to sslstrip. I like the windows position of Easy-Creds is maybe why you think it looks similar?? Also, check out my website I have an updated version of this script that has a logging function to save all the information you gather during an attack.
    Hi em3rgency,

Sorry for this late reply to your helpfull answer of my question.
    I followed your guidance and run the "python setup.py install" command and now your script runs like charm.
    I would like to ask you about updating the version if i have to download the new one and put it once again into the bin directory, or if i can just update it by running the "apt-get update" command.

Keep on your excellent work

Just burned their ISO

Question Re: Backtrack 5 r3 Fake-AP MITM script! 100% working v1.0

hi
    I executed the script as it should, all the windows are placed. but when I connect another computer access point, I can not connect to the internet, I receive a message gateway.
    for I am beginner in linux I do not know where the problem.
    I beg you to tell me what to do step by step
    thank you in advance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123