Thread: installation advice

Just burned their ISO

Default installation advice

hello all, im new to the forum seeking help.. i have ubuntu 12.04 as my primary OS, and was seeking aide and assistance with the install of bt5r3, only because im on a 5GB/month plan with verizon as my wireless provider.. i own an asus U57A-BBL4 6GB ram 720 HD.. when i installed 12.04, i had to unpack the kernel in order to enable my wireless capabilities to use my verizon "jetpack" wireless device.. i was recently told that if bt5r3 and ubuntu 12.04 have the same kernel version, then i wouldnt have to do the same method to bt5r3 that i did with 12.04, however would i be able to use my verizon wireless device if all else is true? please help if possible, thanks in advance.. Ali

Default Re: installation advice

Quote Originally Posted by justali View Post
    hello all, im new to the forum seeking help.. i have ubuntu 12.04 as my primary OS, and was seeking aide and assistance with the install of bt5r3, only because im on a 5GB/month plan with verizon as my wireless provider.. i own an asus U57A-BBL4 6GB ram 720 HD.. when i installed 12.04, i had to unpack the kernel in order to enable my wireless capabilities to use my verizon "jetpack" wireless device.. i was recently told that if bt5r3 and ubuntu 12.04 have the same kernel version, then i wouldnt have to do the same method to bt5r3 that i did with 12.04, however would i be able to use my verizon wireless device if all else is true? please help if possible, thanks in advance.. Ali
    I would suggest you to install virtual machine, such as VirtualBox and VMWare, for the BackTrack 5 r3. This way, your BackTrack will use the host computer (i.e. your Ubuntu 12.04) to connect to the internet and no need to configure in the BackTrack.

Samiux
    Think like a criminal and act as a professional.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by samiux View Post
    I would suggest you to install virtual machine, such as VirtualBox and VMWare, for the BackTrack 5 r3. This way, your BackTrack will use the host computer (i.e. your Ubuntu 12.04) to connect to the internet and no need to configure in the BackTrack.

Samiux
    i see, sounds like the best way to produce results, however, will i still have suffice effectiveness and productivity out of using vmware and virtualbox? meaning results with positive output and feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by justali View Post
    i see, sounds like the best way to produce results, however, will i still have suffice effectiveness and productivity out of using vmware and virtualbox? meaning results with positive output and feedback?
    Why not try them to see which one is good for you?

Samiux
    Think like a criminal and act as a professional.