Thread: Laptop will not boot BackTrack iso from USB

Just burned their ISO

Default Laptop will not boot BackTrack iso from USB

I have recently used Unetbootin to create BackTrackR3-KDE-64 ISO on my USB pen. But when I reboot my laptop it does not boot Back Track. I have done the BIOS settings and moved all the USB options on my laptop to the top (USB CD, USB FDD, USB HDD), I have enabled Legagcy Kbd but still no luck. I have tried other backtrack ISO (BT5-GNOME-64, BT5-GNOME-32, BackTrackR3-KDE-32 but no luck as well. Everytime I create a new ISO on my USB, I tried it out on my Desktop (desktop USB has USB floppy, USB cd/dvd, USB hard disk option) and it works fine and boots in to backtrack. My laptop is samsung, runs windows7 and only two months old so I am wondering if anyone has and idea how to get this to work. Is there any settings that I need to enable? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Laptop will not boot BackTrack iso from USB

Same problem here, I have desktop pc, and tried BT5R1-GNOME-32 and BT5R3-KDE-32, both unsuccessfully.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Laptop will not boot BackTrack iso from USB

Quote Originally Posted by Medie View Post
    I have recently used Unetbootin to create BackTrackR3-KDE-64 ISO on my USB pen. But when I reboot my laptop it does not boot Back Track. I have done the BIOS settings and moved all the USB options on my laptop to the top (USB CD, USB FDD, USB HDD), I have enabled Legagcy Kbd but still no luck. I have tried other backtrack ISO (BT5-GNOME-64, BT5-GNOME-32, BackTrackR3-KDE-32 but no luck as well. Everytime I create a new ISO on my USB, I tried it out on my Desktop (desktop USB has USB floppy, USB cd/dvd, USB hard disk option) and it works fine and boots in to backtrack. My laptop is samsung, runs windows7 and only two months old so I am wondering if anyone has and idea how to get this to work. Is there any settings that I need to enable? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
    maybe there are some additional options in your laptop`s BIOS such as "boot from other devices on-off" ..u need to see the manual for your laptop, man