Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easy-Creds v 3.7.1 - sslstrip not starting without slight change in script

Default Re: Easy-Creds v 3.7.1 - sslstrip not starting without slight change in script

OK I *think* I fixed everything Irongeek and you guys pointed out to me. I pushed v3.7.2 to github. Please test it and let me know...if it's good I'll shoot it over to Dookie for update in BT.

Best Regards,
    Eric

Twitters -> @brav0hax

Default Re: Easy-Creds v 3.7.1 - sslstrip not starting without slight change in script

ericmilam thank you so much, everyday i love easy-creds more and more, even more then my wife ;-) i highly appreciate you for the tool man,

working like a charm here,

the only thing needed is to change dhcpd.conf path from /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf to /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf, dhcp does not exist in backtrack, at least i couldn't find it!

Screenshot-root@bt: -pentest-sniffers-easy-creds.jpg

Kind Regards

Issak
    Last edited by wewe73; 11-20-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Issak,

Thanks for the kind words. I think the change I pushed to github master branch will fix that issue. It's version 3.7.2 give it a try and let me know.

Best Regards,
    Eric

hello Sir Eric, I removed easy-creds completely from my backtrack 5-r3 GNOME 64bit and downloaded it again from github yesterday after you suggested above to try it out, when i tried FakeAP Attacks > FakeAP Attack Static i had that error i mentioned above, so i had to edit easy-creds.sh to make some changes,

Kind Regards

Issak

Issue may be with your dhcp folders... Do both exist? /etc/dhcp & /etc/dhcp3

Also, do either of them have dhcpd.conf in them? Do both?

My suggestion... apt-get purge dhcp3-server and rm -rf the /etc/dhcp3 dir and /etc/dhcp (if it exists)

Then apt-get install the dhcp server, then retry easy-creds and let me know. I think that may be the hang up....maybe...possibly...but I have been wrong in the past :-)

Let me know please...

Also, I am going to remove the install dhcp server from the prereqs...causes way to many headaches...

Hi eric,

/etc/dhcp does not exist, /etc/dhcp3 folder it does exisit and dhcpd.conf is in the dhcp3 folder, i will take your advice above and feed back here,

thank you eric

Kind Regards

Issak
    Last edited by wewe73; 11-22-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: update

Got a new one for you. I had a problem with "dup acks" (as seen in Wireshark) when using easy-creds and the WiFi MITM attacks. Small pings got through, but web traffic did not. Seem to be an issue with the MTU. This may only be an issue with WiFi->laptop->Wifi and WiFi->VMWare->laptop->Wifi connections. I set my tunnel to use a smaller MTU:

ifconfig eth1 mtu 567

and that made things work better. Got packets for web traffic through, though there were still some "dup ack" messages. Not sure if there is a more elegant solution.

Hi to all,

just thought to keep this forums tidy as possible and not start new thread, the end of the day it's all about easy-creds,

I have beautiful BackTrack5 r3 GNOME 64bit installed on my laptop

now i know eric has fixed the path to sslstrip and dhcp issue because i downloaded the updated one from github, so many thanks for that if you reading this eric :-) and it does the job for FakeAP Attacks, Poisoning Attacks and more but when i tried out Karmetasploit Attack, Eviltwin and sidejacking attack, I had come a cross some problems, like with Eviltwin i had an error below with the airbase-ng.

21:27:59 Created tap interface at0
    21:27:59 Trying to set MTU on at0 to 1500
    21:27:59 Trying to set MTU on mon0 to 1800
    21:27:59 Access Point with BSSID 00:C0:CA:66:42:BA started.
    Error: Got channel -1, expected a value < 256. Please report.

now i know we don't mention channel number to airbase-ng it will give us that error, and easy-creds doesn't ask which channel i want to be on during the attack,

for sidejacking issue everything works perfect i can see logins and passwords on ettercap and sslstrip but hamster and ferret doesn't fire up,

Karmetasploit Attack does not start for some reason,

i tried to fix the problem for last few days but hey am jack sh** at coding :-) i even uncommented f_findpaths and comment out static paths hoping to fix the problem but without success. any help will be appreciated,

thanks in advance and good day
    Last edited by wewe73; 11-25-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Just burned their ISO

Well I have tried to use this script with no luck getting internet traffic to pass through and I am kinda stuck I have read all topics relevant to this but everything I have tried does not work. Now here is what I have:
    BT5r1
    all prereq installed and running fine so what I mean is that sslstrip opens fine v0.9, urlsnarf fine, ,dhcp3, ettercap fine I can see the host obtain an ip I can also ping back and forward just fine. But the internet icon displays no internet access and cannot open any webpage. I don't know if there is any fix for this in version 3.7.1 because I cannot find a way to update. I tried installing bt5up and that is not working as well so I need to find a tar file of 3.7.1 if it exists.

Can someone shed some light thank you very much.

well 3.7.1 it does exists however i would wait a bit for 3.7.2 if i were you :-) i think soon it will come out mate

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast