Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy-Creds v 3.7.1 - sslstrip not starting without slight change in script

Just burned their ISO

Default Easy-Creds v 3.7.1 - sslstrip not starting without slight change in script

I find the excellent Easy Creds script to be a useful eye opener for live demos. I just installed the new version 3.7.1 and noticed that sslstrip would not start. The script did not appear to include the proper command line for starting sslstrip. I was able to get it working by substituting at line 880 the command line start from v 3.6:

-e python /pentest/web/sslstrip/sslstrip.py -pfk

This replaces the following (which does not appear to include the proper arguments for starting sslstrip):

-e sslstrip -pfk
    Last edited by socialcred; 11-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Default Re: Easy-Creds v 3.7.1 - sslstrip not starting without slight change in script

Quote Originally Posted by socialcred View Post
    I find the excellent Easy Creds script to be a useful eye opener for live demos. I just installed the new version 3.7.1 and noticed that sslstrip would not start. The script did not appear to include the proper command line for starting sslstrip. I was able to get it working by substituting at line 880 the command line start from v 3.6:

-e python /pentest/web/sslstrip/sslstrip.py -pfk

This replaces the following (which does not appear to include the proper arguments for starting sslstrip):

-e sslstrip -pfk
    hi socialcred

I also updated today, but I do not have this problem ..
    I do not know why .... I used "" installer.sh "" I make with "prerequisites" (although not required) UPDATE sslstrip ....
    Immagini allegate Immagini allegate

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Easy-Creds v 3.7.1 - sslstrip not starting without slight change in script

Even after running the installer I have same problem. It comes up when I run the fake ap static attack. The sslstrip updater works fine, but won't start when the fake static ap is launched. Works fine with the slight change I included in my original post.

Good friend of the forums zimmaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by socialcred View Post
    Even after running the installer I have same problem. It comes up when I run the fake ap static attack. The sslstrip updater works fine, but won't start when the fake static ap is launched. Works fine with the slight change I included in my original post.
    .....mmmm....boh!
    works perfectly well in the function FakeAP-static .........
    ..... would be nice to know if others have the same "" your "" problem!
    http://imageshack.us/f/689/fakeapstatic.png/
    bye

Where did you manage to get easy-creds 3.7.1 ? :X Cause on site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/easy-creds/files/ I only see v3.7
    My problem with easy-creds 3.7 is that when I do arp poisoning, it dosnt open me ettercap, or hamster...

Just burned their ISO

Same issue, thank you for the fix, it did exactly as needed. Another issue I had with easy-creds was the path to the dhcpd.conf file was wrong at a few places
    Code:
    /etc/dhcp/dhcp.conf
    when it should be
    Code:
    /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf
    I did not think to make note of where to make the changes at the time, but using the find and replace feature on gedit should do it for you.

i also encountered the sslstrip issue after getting the 3.71 update, but i just ran "python setup.py install" under /pentest/web/sslstrip to fix it.

for the dhcpd.conf path, if you choose to manually create the conf file (i.e., replying "N" to the query "Do you have a dhcpd.conf file to use?"), the script defaults the path to /etc/dhcp/dhdpd.conf without checking if the /etc/dhcp directory exists or not. thus, you get the file-not-found errors. quick fix is to create a symbolic link under the /etc directory: "ln -s /etc/dhcp3 /etc/dhcp"

@socialcred: there's no need to edit the script, you just need to ensure that the sslstrip binary is found in your $PATH. re-installing sslstrip will do the trick as it will install sslstrip binary to /usr/local/bin/

@Malko: just run #apt-get update. or use the bt5up tool

Quote Originally Posted by ntzrmtthihu777 View Post
    Same issue, thank you for the fix, it did exactly as needed. Another issue I had with easy-creds was the path to the dhcpd.conf file was wrong at a few places
    Code:
    /etc/dhcp/dhcp.conf
    when it should be
    Code:
    /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf
    I did not think to make note of where to make the changes at the time, but using the find and replace feature on gedit should do it for you.
    +1 more here,

All,

So v3.7 was my first attempt to get the script to work outside of just backtrack. For this I added a section in the code where you can set your application paths (starting on line 122 I believe) This is so that debian, ubuntu, Red Hat, Fedora, and other distro users could take advantage of the tool.

With regards to dhcp, it is not wrong in certain places, those are all the other distro's version of dhcp. Starting with Ubuntu 11.04 they moved to isc-dhcp-server which has a slightly differnt path, however the if/then statement should figure out which one you have installed and it should work fine.

With regards to install.sh and sslstrip. If sslstrip is *not* installed it will wget it, and install it, making the sslstrip.py file executable. Which is why I removed the 'python' from the front of the original statement. I can add it back, and perhaps I forgot to include the variable because the install creates a link in /usr/bin. I can fix that pretty quick.

Make sure you read the README file. Even though I worked with Dookie to make sure the paths are correct, I may have missed something..

Please feel free to shoot me your feedback/questions/concerns -> jbrav.hax@gmail.com

Best Regards

O.k. I looked at the code and the dhcp stuff is messed up! Sorry about that...I hardcoded the path instead of specifying the variable....will fix and post here when I throw it up on github. Sorry about that everyone!!
    Last edited by ericmilam; 11-19-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast