Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need to know what correct section is that a certain subject goes in ?

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: need to know what correct section is that a certain subject goes in ?

@thesniffer,

My posts are monitored too... and by that I mean there are many (MANY) people here more knowledgeable than I, g0tmi1k and balding_parrot among them. I've used wash/reaver a few times, but I'm far from an expert and probably wouldn't be able to answer your question directly. I probably can help indirectly however.... read on.

I never saw your original post, but I'm very confident that if you carefully read and heed the three sticky posts at the top of this section and start a new thread (in this section) with a meaningful title and complete and concise description of your problem, hardware (if relevant), OS version (e.g. BT5R3-GNOME-VM), etc. that you are likely to get some useful replies. However, the fact that you had a reaver question at all was far from obvious in this thread, so be sure to post a meaningful question.

Before doing that however, please do your assigned reading. That includes the sticky posts at the top of this section, as well as the reaver wiki page. I'm fairly certain that if you Google a few keywords from your question (or use the search bar above), you will find the answer without even needing to ask here. (That's true of almost all the tools in BackTrack.)

But above all, don't pick a fight with the moderators! First, you won't win, second, they're just doing their job, and third, they have bad days too.

Best of luck.

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: need to know what correct section is that a certain subject goes in ?

@thread opener: you're not alone, just happened to me also :P

I looked at the forum and I guess this forum has no room for my questions. looks like it's only backtrack and nothing else. even linux questions wouldn't be right since it's common stuff to find with google, but google is no big help converning linux questions since it doesn't explain the things behind some functions.
    I for example tried to sort out duplicate entries from a wordlist, but it didn't just remove the lines, it needed as much space as the original file needs and I ran out of diskspace using sort
    but I didn't see any hint on google during my several searches
    so I asked here and bam, warning *eyeroll*

anyway, since backtrack is "the" linux distribution I thought it's a good place to ask for stuff related to it. I tried to make rainbow tables that I want to use with backtrack but my linux hardware is capped and on my big PC I only use VM which is also capped when it comes to openCL stuff I asked about a windows program to make the rainbow tables, but looking at the forum now and reading the sticky topics of what to post where I don't see any place here to ask this.

I also don't know any other forum to ask this so I guess I give up backtrack and play a game or something.

oh, some mod in this thread asked "what else could we do instead/beside warnings", in my case it would be helpful to know where to post, else this game might continue ... I'm also mod in some (strict) forums and we usually move a topic, beside warning the user, instead of warn, delete and keep quiet. I don't even see who warned me in the mail I got ...

Just burned their ISO

I had a word a few friends and looked around a few sites etc and it seems like the security firware has been upgraded on a virgin superhub and there is no way at all around this using backtrack/reaver or anything, so I heard anyway, that was my original question by the way.

Not unless someone else knows different that is, please advise if you have any info on this question please, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12