Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LILO & Booting

Just burned his ISO

oh, Ok thanks. I am just making backups of the stuff i have got on the drive and should havbe it install hopefully. Wasted a whole day doing it so far

Quote Originally Posted by naza911 View Post
    oh, Ok thanks. I am just making backups of the stuff i have got on the drive and should havbe it install hopefully. Wasted a whole day doing it so far
    If you learn something, time is not wasted.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

I installed it but there was a problem copying. It would not copy the files in the /mnt folder but could for sub folders. It said cannot copy /mnt into mnt on the HD. Which i believe led to the other error relating to : mount -t proc proc /mnt/backtrack/proc/ which it said it could not find the proc folder. So Lilo is installed but after i get to login screen i get a whole load of error regarding the mising files. So what should i do.

Developer

start over. the video works so you must be ommiting a step.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    If you learn something, time is not wasted.
    /Yoda

Time is wasted not, if learn something you do.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

I got it now. I looked at some of the middles steps and deleted the /mnt files on the drive and did the steps for that again and it work.
    I have a BT voyager and i want to use it to connect to my wireless router. I know i have to get the firmware out as at the moment the programs are picking up networks somehow but ifconfig suggests thart it does not support TCP/IP which is not right. And i am 100% the driver does not come with the firmware as it is copyrighted. Just wondering if there are any difference in the way wireless networks are connected as i have to use the bcm43xx-fwcutter. Is there anything i should be aware of. I dont think i could handle anymore probs.
    Also BT2 install OOS sound driver for my sound car which works but is very very very quiet. I know the ALSA works perfectly with my Sound card, is there a video or guide about how to install it?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

alsa is installed ..... you can choose the default device driver in the sound system settings...........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Sorted out the sound, it just wont support multiple channels and just had to change where the speakers where plugged in. But my wireless card is not working. It worked fine in Ubuntu and OpenSUSE after i did the bcm43xx-fwcutter tool but does not seem to work at all. The driver is installed and i cna use kismet and use all features of kismet and airodump, but cannot connection to my router. It claims that the interface does not seem to support IP. When i type in ifconfig i only get the loopback interface listed. But on the iwconfig it is there as eth1.

EDIT: Got the cutter tool working on it. Not able to connect to my router yet because the wifi connection managers only support WEP and not WPA so going to get KDE Network manager the GNOME version was able to connect using WPA-PSK.

hi

i did everything which was shown in de dual boot video. and i change all the devives into my names. I used an external HD and I got no failer massage while installing bt and config lilo but now when i start the pc i only get a black screen aufter windows tries to come up. lilo never appears. what bios settings to do or what went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by goon123 View Post
    hi

i did everything which was shown in de dual boot video. and i change all the devives into my names. I used an external HD and I got no failer massage while installing bt and config lilo but now when i start the pc i only get a black screen aufter windows tries to come up. lilo never appears. what bios settings to do or what went wrong?
    You obviously must have failed to write your lilo.conf to the MBR as instructed in the video.

Boot from the live cd
    chroot into your HDD install of backtrack
    edit lilo.conf
    write it to the MBR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast