Thread: HP DV600 Series Laptop

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Post HP DV600 Series Laptop

Works just fine. The only thing that may not work are the dvd/cd touch buttons above the keyboard. Of course I never have never tried to use them either.

The HP DV6000
    AMD Turion 64 X2
    NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
    Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: HP DV600 Series Laptop

I have the same laptop. The WiFi adapter isn't showing up. Did you do have to do anything to get it to work?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unknownsoldierx View Post
    I have the same laptop. The WiFi adapter isn't showing up. Did you do have to do anything to get it to work?
    Yeah you will need to start the networking services generally with
    Code:
    #/etc/init.d/networking start
    Also make sure your card is the same. It might not be.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks. I'm just starting to learn. I'm following this guide and have hit a few speed bumps. Perhaps you wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me?

While using kismet, I can't figure out how to copy/paste anything. I can't select any text and ctrl-c shuts down kismet. I've been having to type all the SSIDs and such into the text editor. Also, kismet puts a couple dozen files on the desktop.

When I run airodump-ng, nothing seems to happen. Is that normal?

When I run aireplay-ng I get the error "wlan0 is on channel 5, but the AP uses channel 6"

Kismet / airodump questions don't go in this forum. Please read the rules.

Just burned his ISO

I have the HP DV6605us. My issue is with the Nvidia video drivers. When I bring up the Hardware Drivers app, it recommends version 180. On my Ubuntu system it recommends (and I'm using) version 173 for both 32 and 64 bit. And on the Nvidia website they recommend version 190. The card is a Nvidia Geforce 7150m. Could anyone else with this card/laptop share what they are using. This and the "touch keys" above the keyboard have been the only issue for me so far.

EDIT: Video card topic has been addressed at: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...t-install.html
    Last edited by HappySmack; 01-19-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Just burned his ISO

Talking Re: HP DV600 Series Laptop

On the same topic..
    I tried to install these drivers on the same laptop, dv6000. Downloading the drivers from unvidia and then closing the xserver and running sh nvidiadriver never works for me. It always give me an error with my xconf file and wont let me start the xserver again. I installed this one time before, using the apt-get. It was something like "apt-get install nvida-linux-x86-'thedriver' and it installed perfectly for me. If anybody could help me out with the exact command to ap-get the 190.53 drivers that would be great. I just cant seem to find it again, and im sort of a linux newbie. Thanks!