Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website cloning problem

Hybrid View

Just burned their ISO

Default Website cloning problem

Hello BackTrack Community.
    A few days ago I tried to clone a website but it was unsuccessful.
    First thing is that every time I type "ifconfig" it shows me "inet addr:10.0.2.15" and when I watch videos, most of people using BackTrack, when they type "ifconfig" in their Terminal, their "inet addr:" starts with 168.. and so on.
    Secondly, when I start cloning I get to the message :
    " IP address for the POST back in Harvester/Tabnabbing: "
    I've watched a Tutorial about cloning and I putted my inet addr which is - > 10.0.2.15
    " Enter the url to clone : ( here I type ) http://www.facebook.com "
    Everything is going on well. Website is now cloned.
    My problem is :
    After website is cloned, I minimize the VB and open Mozilla Firefox on my Windows 7. I try to open the cloned server with the inet addr which is 10.0.2.15 but the page wont load. I tried to open it from the VB and worked on Firefox, I logged in with a fake email and password but it didn't displayed anything, just showed that someone connected to it :
    " 10.0.2.15 - - [17/Oct/2012 13:11:39] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 - "
    Waiting for your assistance.

George

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Website cloning problem

Nobody knows how to solve my problem?
    I guess it has something to deal with my internet card - Atheros AR8151 PCI-E but I can't get the things working properly.

Just burned his ISO

i got the same problem, cloned server doesn't opens on win 7 but when I start it on VM machine it works.
    Is this installation problem, I mean problem between PC and VM IP?

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Air4flash View Post
    i got the same problem, cloned server doesn't opens on win 7 but when I start it on VM machine it works.
    Is this installation problem, I mean problem between PC and VM IP?
    I don't know, I'm confused either. Here's what I'm going to try :
    Re-install my Windows, update all my drivers from their official website and install BT when I'm done. I'll post the results.

Just burned their ISO

Are you running a BackTrack VM guest within a Windows 7 host? What is "VB," VirtualBox? What network mode are you using? What is your host IP address?

The RFC 1918 private (non-routable) IPv4 address ranges are:
    Code:
         10.0.0.0        -   10.255.255.255  (10/8 prefix)
         172.16.0.0      -   172.31.255.255  (172.16/12 prefix)
         192.168.0.0     -   192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)
    So it doesn't matter what range is used in a particular video. If you see IPs in the above ranges, they are in a private LAN. Given the IP address you are using, I'm somewhat suspicious of your environment. Why do you suspect your NIC?

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    Are you running a BackTrack VM guest within a Windows 7 host? What is "VB," VirtualBox? What network mode are you using? What is your host IP address?

The RFC 1918 private (non-routable) IPv4 address ranges are:
    Code:
         10.0.0.0        -   10.255.255.255  (10/8 prefix)
         172.16.0.0      -   172.31.255.255  (172.16/12 prefix)
         192.168.0.0     -   192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)
    So it doesn't matter what range is used in a particular video. If you see IPs in the above ranges, they are in a private LAN. Given the IP address you are using, I'm somewhat suspicious of your environment. Why do you suspect your NIC?
    I'm not suspecting anything, I'm new into this and I got problems which people never had nor experienced. I'm using VB to run BackTrack5 R3 and my internet is not wireless, I'm using a modem.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Snopex View Post
    I guess it has something to deal with my internet card - Atheros AR8151 PCI-E but I can't get the things working properly.
    That led me to believe you suspected your NIC.

So...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dummy

Just burned their ISO

As I said, I re-installed my OS, I'm currently with Windows 7 x64, I got the latest updates of my network. I installed BackTrack 5 R3 and I still, my IP address was 10.0.2.15 @ Terminal. Had to make a few tries and finally I found the solution.
    This is also dedicated to Air4flash,
    1. Open Terminal and type - cd /pentest/exploits/set --> ./set
    2. Go to the website cloning option.
    3. When you get to the "IP address for the POST back in Harvester/Tabnabbing:" message, open Terminal and type "ifconfig" to check your "inet addr:" @eth0 (by default everyone's IP must be, 10.0.2.15 else, as Dummy said, other people are using private networks, so it's not a problem if you're IP is 10.0.2.15)
    4. Copy your "inet addr" ( in my case it's 10.0.2.15 ) and put it onto the message --> "IP address for the POST back in Harvester/Tabnabbing:10.0.2.15" --> PRESS ENTER
    5. Clone the website you wish to. Wait until it's done.
    6. Lets not forget that Terminal is still opened with the "ifconfig"
    7. When cloning is ready. Go back to Terminal where you've typed "ifconfig" and copy your "inet addr" but this time at "lo" not "eth0" ( in my case it is 127.0.0.1 ).
    8. Copy your IP and open Firefox --> paste the IP and press ENTER on the link.
    9. Login with your account and password to the cloned website to check if it's working.
    10. Voala !
    The only problem I got now is, on the VirtualBox Machine when I start Firefox from it, I can get to the cloned website. When I try to log-in from my Windows 7, nothing happens, just white background.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Snopex View Post
    As I said, I re-installed my OS, I'm currently with Windows 7 x64, I got the latest updates of my network. I installed BackTrack 5 R3 and I still, my IP address was 10.0.2.15 @ Terminal. Had to make a few tries and finally I found the solution.
    This is also dedicated to Air4flash,
    1. Open Terminal and type - cd /pentest/exploits/set --> ./set
    2. Go to the website cloning option.
    3. When you get to the "IP address for the POST back in Harvester/Tabnabbing:" message, open Terminal and type "ifconfig" to check your "inet addr:" @eth0 (by default everyone's IP must be, 10.0.2.15 else, as Dummy said, other people are using private networks, so it's not a problem if you're IP is 10.0.2.15)
    4. Copy your "inet addr" ( in my case it's 10.0.2.15 ) and put it onto the message --> "IP address for the POST back in Harvester/Tabnabbing:10.0.2.15" --> PRESS ENTER
    5. Clone the website you wish to. Wait until it's done.
    6. Lets not forget that Terminal is still opened with the "ifconfig"
    7. When cloning is ready. Go back to Terminal where you've typed "ifconfig" and copy your "inet addr" but this time at "lo" not "eth0" ( in my case it is 127.0.0.1 ).
    8. Copy your IP and open Firefox --> paste the IP and press ENTER on the link.
    9. Login with your account and password to the cloned website to check if it's working.
    10. Voala !
    The only problem I got now is, on the VirtualBox Machine when I start Firefox from it, I can get to the cloned website. When I try to log-in from my Windows 7, nothing happens, just white background.
    127.0.0.1 is "localhost." In fact 127.x.x.x is localhost. That is also known as local loopback. It is a pseudo device visible only to the local machine.

Assuming your host (Win7) IP address starts with 10.0.2., open a browser on your host and enter the URL of your guest, http://10.0.2.15/

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    127.0.0.1 is "localhost." In fact 127.x.x.x is localhost. That is also known as local loopback. It is a pseudo device visible only to the local machine.

Assuming your host (Win7) IP address starts with 10.0.2., open a browser on your host and enter the URL of your guest, http://10.0.2.15/
    After I clone the website, I'm able to connect to it with my VM, when I try from my Windows 7, it says "The connection has timed out"
    Any solutions ? I'm sure it must be another IP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast