Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another wireless issue thread --- Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)

Just burned his ISO

Default Another wireless issue thread --- Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)

I am using Backtrack 5 r5, and have no wireless card access. I am reasonably comfortable with a command line, but don't really understand the driver issues in Linux, and especially this whole "patched" drivers issue, so would appreciate if someone could help me beyond "use driver X and install and configure it as usual"

Output of various commands that I saw was requested in similar threads (I don't know what most of it means. If anyone cares to enlighten me I would appreciate it)

lspci
    Code:
    02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)
    lspci -vvs 02:00.0
    Code:
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 4462
    Kernel modules: iwlwifi
    iwconfig
    Code:
    lo        no wireless extensions
    eth0    no wireless extensions
    ifup wlan0
    Code:
    ...No such device...
    Also, I had previously installed Linux Mint 13, and the wireless worked out-of-the-box. Can I copy the drivers from that installation to this one? If so, where are are they and what do I do other then copy them? Will they work with aircrack-ng?

Looking at the wiki page for wireless is not very helpful, as it just contains a lot of codes that mean nothing to me (do I need mac or ieee drivers? What is rt2800 anyway? It just says "if you need driver type X, do this...") The compat-wireless option sounded like it may be what I am looking for (or may not be...), but the instructions there are outdated. (I managed to find the updated compat-wireless download link, but not the updated link for Backtrack patches mentioned there)
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 10-24-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Another wireless issue thread --- Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)

After spending almost 3 hours on it, I got it working. For all those coming here searching for solutions to similar problems, here is what I did:

1. Using Windows, I found my card to be an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230
    2. Going here, I found and downloaded the drivers (iwlwifi-2030-ucode-18.168.6.1.tgz in my case)
    3. After opening the archive, I copied the iwlwifi-*.ucode file to /lib/firmware/
    4. Then I ran `modprode -r iwlagn` followed by `modprobe iwlagn`

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Another wireless issue thread --- Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)

i'm using an N-2230 as well! I have the exact same issue as well.

i don't quite understand your instructions though.. you wouldn't be able to help me out further with this would you? thanks man.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by chief1 View Post
    i'm using an N-2230 as well! I have the exact same issue as well.

i don't quite understand your instructions though.. you wouldn't be able to help me out further with this would you? thanks man.
    It removed the link from my post. It is http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Downloads (if it removes it again, that is intellinuxwireless dot org and click on "downloads" at the top of the page.

Just burned his ISO

you're a lifesaver

so now i should open the archive and....

1. copy the "iwlwifi-*.ucode" file to /lib/firmware/ ?
    2. then i should run "modprode -r iwlagn"
    3. then i should run "modprobe iwlagn"

that sound about right man?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by chief1 View Post
    you're a lifesaver

so now i should open the archive and....

1. copy the "iwlwifi-*.ucode" file to /lib/firmware/ ?
    2. then i should run "modprode -r iwlagn"
    3. then i should run "modprobe iwlagn"

that sound about right man?
    Yes. That is it.

Just burned his ISO

alright i'll give this a go and post back a result over the next few days

thanks mate

Just burned their ISO

Default Respuesta: Another wireless issue thread --- Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)

Hello, I have that card also wifi, I did what I have written but still not recognize it, not missing aulgun step that failed, as a compilation of files or anything. Thank you for your help.

Just burned their ISO

Thanks Baruch, it works but i had one issue.

When I do

"modprode -r iwlagn"
    "modprobe iwlagn"

It works but ,suddenly, for no apparet reason, it stops working and i have to do the same again: "modprode -r iwlagn" "modprobe iwlagn".

It's wierd, isn't it?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and have a Happy Christmas!

Just burned his ISO

Hi and Happy New Year,maybe this is off topic but I don't know is this wrong or right,here output from console:
    root@bt:~# inxi -F
    System: Host: bt Kernel: 3.2.6 i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Gnome 2.30.2 Distro: unknown
    Machine: System: MICRO-STAR INT'L (portable) product: MS-1613 version: 3F03 serial: FFFFFFFF
    Mobo: N/A model: N/A Bios: American Megatrends version: A1613IMS V1.07 04/02/07 date: 04/02/2007
    CPU: Single core Intel Celeron M CPU 440 (-UP-) cache: 1024 KB flags: (nx sse sse2 sse3) clocked at 1866.517 MHz
    Graphics: Card: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller
    X.org: 1.7.6 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) tty size: 80x24 Advanced Data: N/A for root
    Audio: Card: Intel N10/ICH 7 Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: 1.0.24
    Network: Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller driver: r8168
    IF: eth0 state: down mac: 00:19:db:3d:9c:7b
    Drives: HDD Total Size: 145.8GB (8.1% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD1200BEVS size: 120.0GB
    2: USB id: /dev/sdb model: N900 size: 25.8GB
    Partition: ID: / size: 24G used: 11G (50%) fs: ext4 ID: swap-1 size: 4.00GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
    ID: swap-2 size: 2.13GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
    RAID: No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
    Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 64.8C mobo: N/A
    Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
    Info: Processes: 119 Uptime: 3 min Memory: 183.8/2005.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.8.26
    root@bt:~#
    any ideas,I am with backtrack 5r3
    Last edited by disappear; 01-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast