Thread: Another wireless issue thread --- Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)

Threaded View

Just burned his ISO

Default Another wireless issue thread --- Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)

I am using Backtrack 5 r5, and have no wireless card access. I am reasonably comfortable with a command line, but don't really understand the driver issues in Linux, and especially this whole "patched" drivers issue, so would appreciate if someone could help me beyond "use driver X and install and configure it as usual"

Output of various commands that I saw was requested in similar threads (I don't know what most of it means. If anyone cares to enlighten me I would appreciate it)

lspci
    Code:
    02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 0887 (rev c4)
    lspci -vvs 02:00.0
    Code:
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 4462
    Kernel modules: iwlwifi
    iwconfig
    Code:
    lo        no wireless extensions
    eth0    no wireless extensions
    ifup wlan0
    Code:
    ...No such device...
    Also, I had previously installed Linux Mint 13, and the wireless worked out-of-the-box. Can I copy the drivers from that installation to this one? If so, where are are they and what do I do other then copy them? Will they work with aircrack-ng?

Looking at the wiki page for wireless is not very helpful, as it just contains a lot of codes that mean nothing to me (do I need mac or ieee drivers? What is rt2800 anyway? It just says "if you need driver type X, do this...") The compat-wireless option sounded like it may be what I am looking for (or may not be...), but the instructions there are outdated. (I managed to find the updated compat-wireless download link, but not the updated link for Backtrack patches mentioned there)
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 10-24-2012 at 03:30 AM.