Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whos from Where

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Considering the # of American's that think as soon as they cross the border you're instantly in the frozen wasteland that they believe is Canada I saw no reason to be more specific. After all you know we managed to save our National Igloo from Global Warming for another year.

Check out "Rick Mercer talks to Americans".

I know this isn't a US only forum but the vast majority of readers/contributors are from the US and providing more detail just wouldn't help.

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=11608 (I could quote some more recent stats but that would drag us into the whole Miss Teen USA thing which is just pathetic).

Anyway for those who might understand it I live near the Nation's Capital.

At least most people know Canada is north of the states. I love the questions I get when I tell people I'm from Alaska. "What does your money look like?", and "Isn't it hot down by Mexico?", and "Do you live in an igloo?"
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Do you live in an igloo?"
    Shit. We all know you do.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

At least most people know Canada is north of the states. I love the questions I get when I tell people I'm from Alaska. "What does your money look like?", and "Isn't it hot down by Mexico?", and "Do you live in an igloo?"
    The other night on "You might be smarter than a fifth grader" one of the questions was, how many states border the pacific ocean. Stupid woman guessed three. Guess which two she missed.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

You have internet and wifi in your igloo? You must have buckets of that alasken money.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    You have internet and wifi in your igloo? You must have buckets of that alasken money.
    Don't they use "clams" instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Don't they use "clams" instead ?
    Just ask the Shmoo guys, we use moose nuggets. Streaker, I'm guessing she forgot Alaska and Hawaii. Hey wait! That's a trick question. Is the People's Republic of California still a state?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just ask the Shmoo guys, we use moose nuggets. Streaker, I'm guessing she forgot Alaska and Hawaii. Hey wait! That's a trick question. Is the People's Republic of California still a state?
    Nice!

When "the big one" happens does that mean there'll be like 6? Or will both chunks of California stay California? Personally I think the new island state will get a new name but that's just me. (That is assuming it isn't underwater)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234