Thread: New Tool: AP Redirect

Exclamation New Tool: AP Redirect

This is a simple yet powerful little tool I have been working on that will basically take the signal from one access point associate with it and then proceed to generate a new one that can be WEP or NON-WEP, this allows you to sniff traffic as they pass through your box. It will rout all traffic from Access Point A to your Hosted Access Point B so internet will continue to function for your clients. You can also adjust the IP range your DHCP Server will distribute and all the settings can be made in one very simple config file.

It can work in the following ways:

< SNIFFING FAKE AP >

Connect to Access Point A (linksys,wep)
    Serve Access Point B (FreeWireless,non-wep)

Connect to Access Point A (linksys,non-wep)
    Serve Access Point B (mininet,wep)

< SNIFFING ACTIVE AP >

Connect to Access Point A (linksys,non-wep)
    Serve Access Point B (linksys,non-wep)

Connect to Access Point A (linksys,wep)
    Serve Access Point B (linksys,wep)

Note: If your signal is stronger most clients will automatically swap over to your access point. Just wait and be patient or use another laptop to De-Auth Access Point A.

In order for my software to work you will need two Atheros based wifi cards. I use an internal to connect to Access Point A and PCMCIA to Host Access Point B.

I will be releasing my software as soon as I finish the major tests for stability and client load. I am open to feedback.

You may see a screenshot below:

\|,,,,,,,,,,,\|/,,,,,,,,,,,,|/
    -(o)===(<(O)>)===(o)-
    /|''''''''''''''''`/|\'''''''''''''''''''|\

Just burned his ISO

Great idea for the script! I'll be checking back later for the release. Im pretty n00b to backtrack everything else other than wifi-wise. I only use it to crack wep's and haven't gotten to play around with other linuxy things. I was wondering how you got the Desktop to look the way it does in the screenshot. Those dual taskbars look pretty sexy and useful. BTW, does dual core work with backtrack? Because I have a 1.66 Ghz Core Duo and it seems to lag up some times, not taking advantage of the two processors.

What you see is actually my own personal desktop design and my wallpaper is one of the logos I use for TiSnetworks. As for the colors they are actually the colors for TiSnetworks and pretty much everything we make from our forums to our website are in those colors. As for my application expect to see it finished soon! Thanks for your feedback.
    -(o)===(<(O)>)===(o)-

Just burned his ISO

I didnt actually really mean the colors, but the fact that you have the default taskbar with the time and the K Menu on the top, and another personal bar with your own shortcuts on the bottom. I also see you have a lot of strange icons on that bottom bar. What gives? I've seen a lot of people querying on these forums with screenshots of their backtrack setups, and they all have super-cool looking desktop configurations, ie. their taskbar looks very compact, the same style as Knoppix-std. I tried right-clicking and going to Configure Desktop but I couldn't find any modificating options like that there.

BTW your TiSnetworks link doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatVirus View Post
    What you see is actually my own personal desktop design and my wallpaper is one of the logos I use for TiSnetworks. As for the colors they are actually the colors for TiSnetworks and pretty much everything we make from our forums to our website are in those colors. As for my application expect to see it finished soon! Thanks for your feedback.
    Linky no worky.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

I am aware of the link. The site is down for service.
    -(o)===(<(O)>)===(o)-

Just burned his ISO

Any word on this?

Perhaps having a setting where you can link the card thats acting as an access point to a hard wired ethernet connection, or any other connection available.

Why do both need to be atheros based? you only need one to act as an AP the other.

I've got something similar working under windows using two wireless cards, one acting as an AP and the other connected to a router.

All i do is then sniff all the traffic thats going through my pc.

Excellent work, hope to try it out soon