Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: possible to Crack a WPA without a dictionary?

Quote Originally Posted by etech9 View Post
    I have just had a brainwave. What if we could all uploaded our WPA handshakes with essid using bittorrent.

Then we all would have a long list of capture files to crack.

So we could all brute-force each others keys, imagine all those users around the world working on each others WPA.

It would be like putting the lottery on millions of times.

A brute-force attack happening in the background, matching possible keys in a list of millions.
    "Brainfart" is more like it. Both you and the original poster need to understand both the WPA encryption scheme and the process of breaking it.

For that matter, you might want to rethink the lottery, too.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

they knew the earth was flat at 1 point!
    BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etech9 View Post
    they knew the earth was flat at 1 point!
    I hate to repeat myself, but again, you need to understand both the WPA encryption scheme and the process of breaking it. Let me stress the word "understand".
    Thorn

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I hate to repeat myself, but again, you need to understand both the WPA encryption scheme and the process of breaking it. Let me stress the word "understand".
    I'd more concerned with the fact that he/she took over 3 months to respond and chose to do so with that inane statement. Understanding may be way out of his/her reach my friend....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    I'd more concerned with the fact that he/she took over 3 months to respond and chose to do so with that inane statement. Understanding may be way out of his/her reach my friend....
    Good point!
    Thorn

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Talking Hahahahaha

WOW what a great idea HAHAHAHA.
    Do you know the sad thing Thorn and Shadow, im sure there is enough skiddie hackers lmao (im actually laughing aloud) out there that would join forces hacking wpa signals. As for Etech9 im surprised you havent been banned for saying something so stupid.

"I have just had a brainwave. What if we could all uploaded our WPA handshakes with essid using bittorrent.
    Then we all would have a long list of capture files to crack.
    So we could all brute-force each others keys, imagine all those users around the world working on each others WPA.
    It would be like putting the lottery on millions of times.
    A brute-force attack happening in the background, matching possible keys in a list of millions."

That is one of THE MOST RIDICULOUS THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD. Why would 1 million people cracking 1 million wep keys be any faster than 1 person cracking one wep key? unless they was cracking in uniform, in which way them 1 million people would have to communicate in perfect harmony each with a different wordlist and all crack 1 set file at a time ITS JUST PLAIN STUPID. There is of coarse http://www.elcomsoft.com/edpr.html which cracks keys using gpu`s up to a 100 times quicker than cpu`s, and thats on a single machine running an sli setup. The software also lets you buy a client license, so i could have 20 people cracking a single capture file in uniform (imagine 40 9800gt nvidias gpu`s, they would absoloutly tear apart most wpa handshakes in minutes, ok hours, ok a day tops.
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

killa im talkin bout WPA not WEP. why does all the ppl here have to have the last word, they think they GOD, they know everythin. they dont work with others, jus against them, because everythin THEY say is %100 true and everyone else is talkin absolute tripe.

Lusers

isnt "winblows", windblows??

it was jus an idea, maybe we should work on other ppl's ideas instead of kikkin em inda teeth.
    i was talkin bout each individual, each assigned a small section of a very large dictionary file with numerous WPA handshakes. (but of-couse, i will be quoted on this no doubt!)

n wtf is WPA signals??? handshakes maybe.
    BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!

this thread is labeled possible to crack a wpa without a dictionary? i read the entire first page and i thought i was thinking "wtf" before i actually entered the thread. now i dont even know what to think. "wtf" stays.

Good friend of the forums

If you could prortize what handshake gets crack first like 8char before 32char(if you know the length), it would help some but not last long.

Quote Originally Posted by compaq View Post
    If you could prortize what handshake gets crack first like 8char before 32char(if you know the length), it would help some but not last long.
    How would you know the length, and not the password? I don't know about you, but I don't know too many folks that go around bragging about their wpa password length.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast