Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Screen after startx B5 R3

Just burned his ISO

Default Black Screen after startx B5 R3

I get this black screen after pressing startx i have tried to set it to modeset1 but it never worked can any of you explain this i am new to back tracks also i need security for my dedicated server and home network thanks.

Default Re: Black Screen after startx B5 R3

been covered. Use the search function on this forum

Use virtual machine, such as VirtualBox or VMWare instead.

Samiux

<sarcasm>Wow you're totally the first newb to have this problem. Please don't bother searching you might find an answer.</sarcasm>
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

You have video issues my friend..Please, be more specific as to type of Video card...

As daedalus1776 said, this has been covered before.

Luck.
    Last edited by maverik35; 10-10-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Just burned his ISO

wow nothing you guys say works at all at least say something that works this distro *** so fare it wont load the DE.I have ATI HD5770 it should not matter what i have every other distro loads just this one don't must have a **** dev team or something DEFT will do for me since this wont load also the attitude from the community it down right disgusting if i have to use Google to load a distro then its ****.Also for calling people on **** why dont you try to help some beginners before talking so fare all my reply's i have recived are **** and i am in the beginners post I would understand if this was in other forum topics but come on you treat all your beginners like this also this reflects on ya distro.
    Last edited by sickness; 10-10-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidx86 View Post
    wow nothing you guys say works at all at least say something that works this distro sucks so fare it wont load the DE.
    Feel free to use something else, or maintain your own distro. I'm sure you'll have good luck with that.
    I have ATI HD5770 it should not matter what i have every other distro loads
    So use something else...
    just this one don't must have a crap dev team or something
    Are you paying for anything? Why do you feel entitled? You're trying to leverage a product that's produced and maintained out of the goodness of someone's heart (or the hearts of a team). The community (these forums) are full of people who post in their free time. No one here owes you anything, if you're somehow unhappy with what you're getting without contributing or paying then that's something you'll have to iron out yourself. It's not the problem of anyone here.
    DEFT will do for me
    Sure
    since this wont load
    Darn.
    also the attitude from the community it down right disgusting if i have to use Google to load a distro then its shit.
    See above
    Also for calling people on Bullshit why dont you try to help some beginners before talking
    Because there are many many many threads on this topic, if you can't be bothered to try searching, why should we waste time trying to help you?
    so fare all my reply's i have recived are bull shit and i am in the beginners post I would understand if this was in other forum topics but come on you treat all your beginners like this also this reflects on ya distro.
    Yup it does. We expect users to have at least half a clue.
    Last edited by thorin; 10-10-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

your telling me what works and i ahve tired good job bro any this is a wast of time and also what do you expect from a free product and i also never said you owe me **** just ask for help on this and you guys ***** with the same ***** of answers that are not working for me any how i am done here and gona get a secure distro not security and if i find a security one it must be secure any wast of time witch i wish to take back that cant later..
    Last edited by sickness; 10-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Yeah, I'm sorry. You're totally right. I should NEVER have expected that you could use a search function. Instead, I'll just sit here on the beginners forum and wait for hundreds of people to post about the same problem so I can tell them what to do individually. Because, you know, I have nothing better to do.
    ...That and pretty much everything thorin said

kidx86,

I recommend that you try and calm yourself down and go through the replies of the forum members once again, you will see their point sooner or later.
    Having said that there I can recommend you a thread which will help you get help in the issues you are encountering:

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad.php?t=42094

After reading this try comparing it to the content of your initial post and maybe update it.

wow nothing you guys say works at all at least say something that works this distro *** so fare it wont load the DE.I have ATI HD5770 it should not matter what i have every other distro loads just this one don't must have a **** dev team or something DEFT will do for me since this wont load also the attitude from the community it down right disgusting if i have to use Google to load a distro then its ****.Also for calling people on **** why dont you try to help some beginners before talking so fare all my reply's i have recived are **** and i am in the beginners post I would understand if this was in other forum topics but come on you treat all your beginners like this also this reflects on ya distro.

First of all, Backtrack is an advanced linux distribution so this means that a lot of the features/automated tasks from other distribution are not automatically configured in Backtrack due to the nature of the distribution, if you wish to enable them you will have to do so manually generally the best way to handle this is searching in Google and reading different Linux forums / Wiki's etc.

Second as previous members have told you this is a free distribution, everyone takes his free time to contribute in the way he/she can.

And third which brings me back to the initial thread I linked, you can not expect help from an online community if you do not provide the required details (mentioned in the thread), you are asking us to solve a problem without any information.

I would suggest you review everything that has been said and try offering us details so we can assist you better.
    If you have documented yourself online (Forum search, wiki, google, etc.) and still have issues solving the problem it might be worth placing links to the fixes you have tried so far and were not successful, by doing this other forum members will understand that you have documented yourself and try to help you instead of thinking that you have not searched at all and this issue has already been covered.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast