Thread: Google Nexus 7

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Google Nexus 7

Hi knowledgable crowd,

Ive just ordered a Nexus 7 but a little worried now. The Nexus 7 doesnt have an sd card slot but i have come across a blog where the poster has managed to install BT5 arm on (No details metioned but a screenshot).

If anybody knows or if anybody has done it, is it going to cause me any problems trying to get BT5 on?

Thanks in advance for any replies, i' ll wait until this vodka sinks in ...

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Google Nexus 7

Just did some more checking around and found this -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcwuAj6aVtI

Hopefully this is the answer i need as i am still waiting for my Nexus in the post i cant actually test it out.

Any ideas on installing Back|Track 5 arm with this method will work?

Thanks in advance.

Just burned their ISO

Ohai guys!
    After doing some research i found a quite simple way to do this, though it might not be 100% optimal since it requires you to set it up BT5 as a VNC server on your Nexus7 via a terminal emulator then accessing it with a VNC viewer.
    Thus there is no way, that I know of at the moment anyhow, to make it a "clean" BT5 installation to the nexus 7 like these guys managed to do with ubuntu. But that might be a good start to make it port 100% to Nexus7/Android.
    The problem is that the ubuntu version they are running on the Nexus7 is 13.04 and (correct me if im wrong) its running Unity, so it might not be so useful to check the files on the Nexus7 for help to make it port to BT5 since its based on a older ubuntu version.

Anyways, all you have to do is download this app and follow the onscreen instructions and you are all set!
    Oh, and you need to be rooted, but thats pretty obvious...

I suppose you could make a clean ubuntu install and after that install some applications that are on BT5...
    Anyhow if there is any progress on this matter please post it here and let us know =)

Just burned their ISO

Alright so I have been trying out this "VNC Server BT" via the app mentioned in the previous post and its not that great...
    Looks like the version of BT that is downloaded via the app is stripped of alot of stuff, dont think i have been able to start any application actually. Furthermore hooking up devices via USB/USB OTG (i.e. WLAN adapters) doesn't register when I run lsusb...

I will try to add the repos from the 13.04 ubuntu build to see if i can get USB support and get the aircrack suit running. Will probably screw everything up, but hey
    Will get back with the results.

I've also tried this method (using the full BT5 ARM version for Motorola Xoom)

Quote Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
    The Nexus 7 doesnt have an sd card slot but i have come across a blog where the poster has managed to install BT5 arm on (No details metioned but a screenshot).
    I suppose this is the blog you are talking about:
    https://twitter.com/hevnsnt/status/232305705514835969

I've been in contact with this guy and he used the same method mentioned in the previous post, so no luck there...

Edit: Adding repos from the 13.04 release didnt work very well :P
    Last edited by Crazzyswe; 01-11-2013 at 09:23 AM.