Thread: Was able to use Fern Wifi Cracker once... Then something strange happened.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Was able to use Fern Wifi Cracker once... Then something strange happened.

I have BT5R3 installed on a flash drive and the first day I used to to crack my WEP connection. Everything was working normally.

Now every time I try to do the same thing, during the "attacking" part it takes AGES to get packets. So long that I can't stand to watch it go up so I just leave. But when I come back the fern wifi cracker window is just gone. I assume that it just closes.

I've tried it a couple more times and the same thing happens. Extremely slow cracking speed and it just closes sometime in the process. Does anybody know whats going on?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Was able to use Fern Wifi Cracker once... Then something strange happened.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there an alternative way to test WEP connections instead of using this program?

Default Re: Was able to use Fern Wifi Cracker once... Then something strange happened.

I have experienced this with the Fern Wifi Cracker (in attempt to see how easy it is as a program) alas I have since reverted to using the command line as its more easier to see whats going on and control. As for alternative way I suggest airodump, aireplay, and aircrack with a ng respectively.

i'll look deeply into the issue of the program's closing down.

@Charonsecurity: You can view whats going on by using the xterm option in the scan control settings, this will open terminal windows that show whats working at a particular time and its progress..

@TopCaliber: I want you to use the above method, please notice the behaviour of the packet capturing process in the opened terminal windows, and then give me a feedback so i can know whats really going on at a specific attack process.

You can get the xterm settings by double clicking on the main window after a monitor interface is created.
    Last edited by savioboyz; 10-11-2012 at 03:34 AM.
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by savioboyz View Post
    i'll look deeply into the issue of the program's closing down.

@Charonsecurity: You can view whats going on by using the xterm option in the scan control settings, this will open terminal windows that show whats working at a particular time and its progress..

@TopCaliber: I want you to use the above method, please notice the behaviour of the packet capturing process in the opened terminal windows, and then give me a feedback so i can know whats really going on at a specific attack process.

You can get the xterm settings by double clicking on the main window after a monitor interface is created.
    The xterm solution is very helpful indeed and gives you a lot of information about the progress. I use it all the time.

Sorry to troll the thread, but taking the opportunity, could you make Fern save this preference so that I don't have to check "show xterm" each time Fern starts?

@Aibero - Thanks, ill release a new update with your suggestion before next week.
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Just burned his ISO

@Aibero - Thanks, ill release a new update with your suggestion before next week.
    I ran it for about an hour, it said "finished" on the program. Then said something like "Please wait..."

No password showed up where it was suppose to and I kept getting this in the terminal window:

"Notice: got a death/disassoc packet. Is the source MAC associated ?"

Quote Originally Posted by TopCaliber View Post
    I ran it for about an hour, it said "finished" on the program. Then said something like "Please wait..."

No password showed up where it was suppose to and I kept getting this in the terminal window:

"Notice: got a death/disassoc packet. Is the source MAC associated ?"
    Has this been the case with other routers you have tested the program with...
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Just burned his ISO

Has this been the case with other routers you have tested the program with...
    Sorry for the late reply. I will try to acquire another router to test it on and report back.
    Thank you.