Thread: Injection working - just need to resolve error with aircrack comand

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Injection working - just need to resolve error with aircrack comand

I have injection working ok. Get to the stage where airodump-ng is clocking up data packets at an accelerated rate once I run the aireplay-ng -1 -e -b -h & aireplay-ng -3 -a -h commands.

My query is once I get to this stage, the video tutorial suggests that the latter should be run again? Do I just do this straight away?

Also, do I have to stop either of the above before running the aircrack-ng -n 128 -bssid filename.cap command??
    In any event, i've tried running aircrack-ng either way and i'm getting an error on the usage of that command.

I am missing something basic here but just can't put my finger on it. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

i wouldnt think so, what happens if you try running aircrack-ng? whats the worse that can happen? you get an error message, post it here we'll assist you

What does the error message say?

I think your problem might be the -bssid, I could be wrong but it should either be -b (BSSID) or --bssid (BSSID).

You should be able to carry on injecting whilst running aircrack to crunch the key...the captured data will just keep updating the capture file that aircrack's working from and it'll give aircrack more to work with. I never stop injecting until the key's been broken!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by TrialAndError View Post
    What does the error message say?

I think your problem might be the -bssid, I could be wrong but it should either be -b (BSSID) or --bssid (BSSID).

You should be able to carry on injecting whilst running aircrack to crunch the key...the captured data will just keep updating the capture file that aircrack's working from and it'll give aircrack more to work with. I never stop injecting until the key's been broken!
    Thanks guys. It WAS the --bssid. It preferred a -b instead.
    Managed to get the job done - thanks to the tutorials and wealth of info here.