Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warflying

In some countries its illegal to wardrive. You'll have to check with your countries laws, policies and procedures to know for sure. In America..as of right now..wardriving is Legal.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

how exactly do you plan on picking up signals flying? i would think you would be going too fast and be too far away to pick anything up

Quote Originally Posted by ats1080 View Post
    how exactly do you plan on picking up signals flying? i would think you would be going too fast and be too far away to pick anything up
    Change those two variables? look at the link I posted...
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieFire View Post
    Change those two variables? look at the link I posted...
    change those 2 variables to what? i had a look at your link and although i can see an ap receiving a transmit from that antenna, i still dont see how a typical ap can transmit that far. to my knowledge most aps have a max range of 1400 feet with no obstacles between ap and receiver.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

change those 2 variables to what? i had a look at your link and although i can see an ap receiving a transmit from that antenna, i still dont see how a typical ap can transmit that far. to my knowledge most aps have a max range of 1400 feet with no obstacles between ap and receiver.
    I've picked up AP's from over a mile on the open highway.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

how do you do that? the range on my ap's sucks. i cant even take my laptop to my barn a couple hundred feet from the house and get a connection to look up how to work on my bike. ive owned 3 different wireless card and the all seem to go about the same distance. ones a wusb54g, ones a bcm4311 built into my laptop and ones a pcmcia card. the only way i got it to work was to run an extention cord and cat 5 and put the ap in the yard. one of my ap's is a belkin with ddwrt and the other is a linksys with ddwrt

how do you do that? the range on my ap's sucks. i cant even take my laptop to my barn a couple hundred feet from the house and get a connection to look up how to work on my bike. ive owned 3 different wireless card and the all seem to go about the same distance. ones a wusb54g, ones a bcm4311 built into my laptop and ones a pcmcia card. the only way i got it to work was to run an extention cord and cat 5 and put the ap in the yard. one of my ap's is a belkin with ddwrt and the other is a linksys with ddwrt
    I was out on I80 (PA) and I started picking up Walmart AP's from more than a mile away. The store just happened to be on a hill higher than highway so it had an advantage in it's broadcast range.

I did say I detected it, not connected to it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

802.11 technologies are good for small homes and apartments but when you get into businesses and people who want access all over their property it really isn't a solution. hell N is even worse than G....it would be awesome if someone would invent a lower frequency, maybe 1.5GHz or even down to 900MHz, so it can go farther. it would definitely have slow bandwidth, but i think it would have a market for its range. in before "range extenders" "high gain antennas" "lol look at link i posted" and general "google is you're friend" bullshit. this should be a technology sold out of the box.

802.11 technologies are good for small homes and apartments but when you get into businesses and people who want access all over their property it really isn't a solution. hell N is even worse than G....it would be awesome if someone would invent a lower frequency, maybe 1.5GHz or even down to 900MHz, so it can go farther. it would definitely have slow bandwidth, but i think it would have a market for its range. in before "range extenders" "high gain antennas" and general "google is you're friend" bullshit. this should be a technology sold out of the box.
    No one says you can't have more than one AP in your house. Some of us have 4 to cover the entire area. I can go anywhere on my property and have an excellent signal. Just a matter of getting it setup just right.

i live in the sticks and it would be nice to get range down to my pond and other areas that are well over 500 feet away and have plenty of obstical to decrease signal. its not very practical to make a house for an ap...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast