Thread: edit the rc.local

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default edit the rc.local

I want to make a drone box I am booting from the usb drive, is there a way to unconpress the lzm and edit the rc.local file i want to have a static ip on boot and sshd running?

Default yes

yes:

to expand an lzm file:
    lzm2dir filename.lzm /

to edit rc.local:
    vi rc.local
    Lux sit

Just burned his ISO

after saving changes how would i generate the lzm with my changes and save them to the usb stick.

http://backtrack.offensive-security....wto:Module_Dir

Amazingly enough, we have a wiki. Some time spent there would be a good idea. The above link is the first link in the howto section.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/search.php

This question has been asked before, countless times.

Good Luck

Just burned his ISO

Sorry to revive a dead thread but this was the closest one i could find to what i'm looking for.

I have read the Howto:Module Dir wiki page. My question is if I want to edit a single file located in /etc/ (in this thread the rc.local file) and add that to my iso do I need to make a complete lzm module from the entire /etc/ directory or only files I have change?

Also if I create a new module (/BT3/modules/module.lzm) that is intended to provide an edited or additional file in an existing directory (ie /etc/) will the contents of the new module replace those of the existing module (/BT3/base/etc.lzm)

The three Howto's on Modules are not clear on this and I'm still a little fuzzy with how lzm modules work, because I'm new to slax based distros